Just saying hi

Options
I have been using My Fitness Pal for a little over two months and have lost 18 pounds. I'm a little slow when it comes to this like introducing myself. I'm amazed at how esy this is and mad at myself for not doing it sooner. I was diagnosed with diabetes about 14 years ago and have never been good about taking care of myself. I've had a bad kidney infection, stroke, diabettic retinopathy, and narrowing arteries all due to my diabetes (I guess I'm a slow learner). I've finally gotten to the point of realizing that I need to desperately change my eating habits. I thought I was eating better until I started counting calories and realized I was still going way over the calories I should be having In the last couple of months I've been able to drastically reduce my insulin intake and have gotten my blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol into normal range. I finally feel like I'm on the right track.

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    That's amazing that you're on the right track to great health! Congratulations and here's to hoping for more continued positive results healthwise! I am categorized as pre-diabetic and I think that may be what caused the snap realization in my head that I need to do something now so I can definitely relate somewhat. Good luck!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! The best thing you said about loosing weight was the health factors...KUDOS to you! add me in if you want as a friend, I have found that very acountable, plus it's a lot of fun! Good luck and hope to see you around for a while