Weight won't budge! Body loves to maintain...ugh!!

Options
I need some advice! I have been trying to lose 10-15lbs. forever and nothing works! It's a constant up and down roller coaster. I count calories (1300-1500) and exercise, but nothing happens. I fluctuate between 160-163 and I want to get to at least 145. I eat healthy....in fact healthier than my friends who have no trouble losing. I feel like my body needs a shock! Do you all have any advice? I'm so depressed and aggravated!!!!

Replies

• justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I am in the same boat...
  • kingnarsis
    kingnarsis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you to join a boot-camp. The exercises are designed to give you a metabolism boost and that might be what you are missing. They are usually offered in every gym and also in many public parks.
  • emakat87
    emakat87 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have the same issue.... I'm almost 50 days with the same weight..... I'm currently 149 lbs but want to get to 130 or 135 because I'm 5'2 and I've been struggling with this almost two years now.... My calorie intake is 1200... but sometimes I'm below or sometimes I'm above that number.... My husband is losing periodically and I'm frustrated I'm not doing well in this journey... Help!!
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My weight didn't budge until I upped my calories. I know you see that a lot on here and it seems to be true. I never lost at 1200 so i recently slowly bumped my cal intake to 2000 from 1200 and i finally saw the scale move. I was shocked at first that i wasn't gaining, but hopefully it was just what i needed to get this moving.my diary is always open
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if we could see your diary & know what you're eating & what exercise you're doing. Easier to offer advice that way. :smile:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if we could see your diary & know what you're eating & what exercise you're doing. Easier to offer advice that way. :smile:

Yes! :flowerforyou:
    Also, are you eating back exercise calories? If not..you are probably netting too low.
  • afields72
    afields72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What would be the best way to slowly up calories? I had a weight loss dr tell me not to go much above 1200, but it has not worked. Naturally, I'm scared to do this!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What would be the best way to slowly up calories? I had a weight loss dr tell me not to go much above 1200, but it has not worked. Naturally, I'm scared to do this!

When I learned that TDEE is a better way than 1200 calories per day, I jumped immediately to my new amount (+500!). Within 4 weeks I had lost 2 pounds (plateau for over 4 months) and continued that way to lose another 25 pounds. Now I am stuck again and just upped my calories two weeks ago...hoping for similar results this time too!