I get really BLOATED after every meal

Options
are there foods that do not make people bloated? its getting embarrassing. Thanks

Replies

• liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods are you eating now?
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm interested in the responses you get because this always happens to me too! I usually wake up feeling good and non-bloated but then literally all I have to do is drink a small cup of coffee and I look about 5 months pregnant. Not good! I find it's especially bad around TOM. Smaller portions helps, as well as avoiding fizzy drinks and foods/meals high in sodium.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sodium for sure, but you may also be lactose and/or gluten intolerant to some degree.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sodium for sure, but you may also be lactose and/or gluten intolerant to some degree.

Gluten does me in- a glass of beer and I look like I swallowed a basket ball.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Salt does it every time for me. Ugh. Drink lots of water.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find that I feel bloated if I eat carbs. As soon as I eat bread/potatoes/rice/starchy foods I get bloated. If I don't and just stick to meat and veg I feel way better.
  • kellymarie65
    Options
    3 days doing WW with the hubby and I looked like I was pregnant. I have to eat low carb/low starch. I eat pasta/bread/rice and I am SO bloated it's awful. I was trying to be supportive but feel so much better today already, went back to low carb lol
  • Cobnut
    Cobnut Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been keeping a food diary for a couple of months and when I get bloated I think it's caused by pasta but I'm not sure.
  • Gimmeafrappuccino
    Gimmeafrappuccino Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! This gives me some good ideas of things to cut from my diet to try to help my situation!
  • PcShed
    PcShed Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Reading through the above comments it looks like carbs. Do you know that per 1 gram of carbs your body store 3 to 4 grams of water. Would explain a lot. I m doing IF with a low carb macro 20-30grams per day and measured my water content and surprise surprise, no bloat.
    Hope this helps