need to vent

Options
I have lost 13 pounds all total i think due to mostly being stress out. I lost it before I joined since I joined i have not lost any more. I have not been as active due to an injury. I also think that I have had a really hard time eating all my caories each day. Im trying to reassure myself that this is probally normal and not to panic. I am trying to eat my carloies but it is really hard beginning to think I have some food issues going on. Any advice or comments would be helpful. on the plu e side i feel that my body might being changing too as I feel different or it could be wishful thinking. Pease excuse me if this post sounds like a child wrote it as I have learning disability and this is how it comes out. I have been judge on other sies for it. thanks.

Replies

• carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think that when you first start on here, you should stick to what MFP sets out for you
    - enter your weight and height and choose the activity level that is includes any exercise you do on a normal day, not what you do if you might go for a walk or go to the gym. Enter that you want to lose 1 or 2 lbs. This will give your daily allowance of calories.
    - Eat these calories
    - weigh or measure your food before you eat it.
    - enter every mouthful of food you eat
    - do exercise, if you want and enter what you do into MFP. This will give you more calories to eat. Eat these calories.
    - weigh yourself once a week - not more or you may get discouraged.

In terms of eating your calories, don't worry too much about what you eat. Look at your portions and make sure you are eating enough calories firstly. If you find you are not hungry then eat more foods which are higher in calories (cheese, meat, bread etc). If you eat all your calories and are still hungry, eat more chicken, tuna, veggies and fruits to fill you up

Once you have tried this for a couple of months, you can change things about, but you need to stick with it for a while sometimes to see the changes you want. Patience is very important - don't lose weight too quickly or it will all come back on again quick as you like.

Hope this helps
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time but I have just noted your post and wanted to encourage you. 13 pounds is a fantastic amount to lose, another pound and that's a whole stone!!!!! You should be very proud of this massive achievement. I agree with everything that Carolyn has said. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're on a journey and you're doing really well.....just keep travelling in the direction that you have been doing and I am sure that you will achieve your goal weight.

Keep smiling!

Lots of love xxx
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PS I've just reread your post and am a bit concerned about the food issues to which you refer.....did you want to elaborate on these, or maybe see your doctor to talk through them with him/her, or even just chat with a trusted friend or parent? If you want to message me privately then feel free to do so. Please don't get obsessive about losing weight, all you can do is to do your best x
  • jcbgs
    jcbgs Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.It sound good. I will ty to follow ur advice.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary: one day consumption of sodium was 4,950. That's way too high for someone who is trying to lose weight and health wise. I think if you cut back on the high sodium foods (hummus, salt line crackers, butter, white bread, pizza) to at least once a week, you will see some change with the scale.

I love hummus, cottage cheese, but the sodium is too high a price for me to eat, so I gave them up for a while. One of the first things I do before buying any food is to look at the sodium content, the maximum I would tolerate is 200 per serving, and that is high.

The scale was not moving , one of the things I do every day is drink 1 ounce of 100% cranberry juice with every 7 ounces of water to rid my body of water retention. I was stuck at 14 for the longest, it was really getting to me, I have lost 4 lbs within the last 2-3 weeks.

You can buy 100% cranberry juice from Trader Joe's - $3.99 - $4.99 per bottle (best money I have spent to date).
  • jcbgs
    jcbgs Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks I didnt realize that humus was that high in salt. I thought it was a more heathy snack. Iwill watch it now.