Ways to decrease carbs intake?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to cut carbs down? I'm always over everyday! Most of it seems to come from oats and fruit that I have?

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    If you open your diary it would help us see where you could cut carbs. Oats and Fruit are important so either it's moderation or something else.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    If you're over on carbs every day, you must be under on one of th other 2 macros. which one? If it's protein, try having a couple eggs instead of oatmeal for breakfast. If it's fat, try having less eggs and more butter.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    I have been cutting back on carbs as well. Everyone is different on what they can or want to eliminate, but I cut fruit out except for one day a week. I have heard others limiting to one fruit per day, but pairing it with a protein so your insulin doesn't spike. Same with oatmeal or protein pancakes, I have limited to one day per week. I get most of my fiber and carbs from beans, lentils, and veggies. They keep me extremely satisfied and I don't have the sugar spikes; therefore, my carb cravings have gone way down.

Hope this helps. I have come up with my plan by combining a lot of ideas from several diet approaches...South Beach Diet, The Belly Fat Cure, Paleo Diet, and The Slow Carb Diet.

Good luck!
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    If you do eat a lot of fruit, try to stick with lower-sugar ones (avoid bananas, tropical fruits, etc...stick with things like berries). Also, yeah, oatmeal has a ton of carbohydrates. I used to eat it all the time but don't anymore for that reason--plus I'd be really full for a little while, and then starving in about an hour or two, which didn't help out with the rest of the day (plus I had higher cholesterol when I ate more carbs, as well as higher blood sugar). Not trying to get into a low-carb/what you should or shouldn't eat debate here, just telling you what worked for me.
    I think you answered your own question, though: carbs are high, most come from oatmeal and fruit...there ya go! :)
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Thanks everyone! Does anyone have any quick breakfast ideas that are low carb? Oats are good as I can whack them in the microwave with water and strawberries for 2mins. Yes I'm typically low on protein. Even on days where I include meat at lunch and dinner.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    I eat eggs (hardboiled for portability, or fried if I have time) and also coffee with heavy cream. For totally on the run, a handful of almonds or cashews. The fat in all of the above keeps me full for quite a while.
    If you are eating lower-carb make SURE you have enough fat in your diet, too.