New Jeans NSV

Options
khagenow
khagenow Posts: 22 Member
So for starters, I love the posts with pics and I apologize that this isn't one of them. I didn't take before pictures. I should have.

I started my weight loss journey about this time last year. I wasn't really trying to lose weight - instead I realized that I could no longer run a very slow mile without feeling like I was going to die. I also saw the scale on my WiiFit game go from 'overweight' to the 'obese' category...DISGUSTING. I have always been athletic, and played tennis on a Division 1 college team from 2005-2009. Even through that time, and going back as far as I can remember, I have always been overweight. With all the activity I did, I just figured that this way my weight. I felt 'fit', so obviously I would never be smaller and just had to accept it.

When I started running last year, I was sitting at about 210 pounds. I'm not sure what sparked me to keep going, but I did my first 5K in May 2012 and have worked my way up to my first Half-marathon on May 4th, 2013. I started MFP in January of this year. Over the course of it all, I have lost about 55-60 lbs.

I didn't realize what 55lbs. really looks like until last Friday. I finally decided to go buy a pair of jeans that fits - I was still wearing a much too large size 13/14. I looked for a size 9/10, praying that it would fit so I would feel pretty good about myself...but there were none left in that size. So with some encouragement from a friend, I grabbed a size 7/8 and laughed thinking 'oh this shoudl be fun to try to cram into'. But, to my amazement, THEY FIT! AND THEY LOOKED GOOD! I still can't believe it. I cannot remember EVER wearing a size this small. Even in middle school I was an 11/12! I just am estatic and had to share!

Clothes shopping sure if fun when everything fits :)

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! :D This is particularly inspiring to me because I don't ever remember being below a size 12 either, even in middle school. Right now I'm wearing 17's, but they would fall off of me without a belt, so I'm hoping I'm a 14. I'm so excited for you!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV, congrats on all your achievements and thanks for sharing!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great NSV!
  • febes1972
    febes1972 Posts: 24
    Options
    This story was simply amazing!!! Congrats to you and I will be so glad when my "WIIFit" doesn't tell me I am "obese" anymore!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait unti I have this kind of shopping trip! I've not been in a single digit size since probably about middle school. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Party in your pants !!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!