Easy Cheap 250 Cal Limit Lunches

Options
Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend me some good really easy lunch ideas that aren't costly, they must be no more than 250 cals to fit in my calorie limit for the day. Needs to be portable too that wont go yuck since I have to travel 1.5 hrs to work each day. Something filling would be great if that is possible for the small cal limit lol :)

For reference for the rest of my day my meals are;

Breakfast 362: Quick Oats w/ milk and frozen berries
Snacks 237: Banana, Mandarin & Apple
Dinner 380: Chicken tenderloins, steamed; carrot, sweet potato and brocoli

Replies

• DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my post in Recipes titled, TOPIC: Bean & Brown Rice Wrap -- 220 Calories

They work out to about $1.50 each... I'm going to try some next time with a cooked egg white filling to make it sort of a breakfast burrito..
  • pnwcowboy
    pnwcowboy Posts: 8
    Options
    V8 and 2 hard boiled eggs works for me its only 70 cals each =210 total
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    the good old stand by salad
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the tuna sandwich ready pouches? 100 calories and very simple. Just take some bread and spread it on. I use light honey wheat bread so it comes out to 180 calories. And you could pair it with some fruit..
  • jenibear4
    jenibear4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey not sure how many cals this is but as u can see from ingredients it would defo be under ur limit and v filling. Just zap in microwave if u have one in work.

Chunky Italian vegetable soup

2 lge carrots  
    1 lge onion
    2 celery sticks
    200g swede (about same amount as carrot chopped)
    1 crushed or chopped garlic clove
    2 cans chopped tomatos
    Italian seasoning ( a good amount) 
    Squirt of tomato purée
    2 veg stock cubes
    Hot water ( enough to cover everthing)

Chop the onion, celery and swede into small pieces then chuck everything in a large saucepan use enough hot water to fill it up to be as thick or as runny as u want u can add more later if u want and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for around 40 mins or until the swede is cooked through and soft (it takes the longest). It will keep for 4-5 days in fridge. 
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    That looks like the Weight Watchers no count soup. It's under 50 cals for ONE CUP, I believe, so you'd have to supplement. You would also need to put in a bit of protein as that soup has very little.

FYI, I make a taureen of it, parcel it out into 1 cup containers and freeze it. Keeps forever in the freezer. Then when I'm desperate, I take one out and heat it up. :-)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i don't know the cals, but i bet if you did tuna in a salad. or tuna with some cucumber...or tuna and anything. it would be (-)250 cals

good luck!