If I can do it, you can too.

joebanz77
joebanz77 Posts: 283 Member
284f28fa-7cc7-4091-b01c-2f19189b5e92_zps0868391b.jpg

Before I started this journey, I was going through major depression, 73 lbs heavier, and I hated anything that had to do with fitness. Friends would invite me to the gym and I had every dang excuse in the book to not go. I was willing to accept that I was going to stay big. This was only because, this trend ran in my family along with other things such as diabetes and heart problems. Thank god for the morning of Dec 16, 2011. I got a huge slap in the face. I was getting ready for work and I found out that none of my freaking clothes fit. I also couldn't breath when bent over to tie my shoes. I was a grown @$$ man shedding tears that day because I was so disappointed in letting myself go. From there I told myself that enough was enough. I focused, switched my attitude, changed my nutrition, and I started doing Beachbody programs. It wasn't always an easy journey but I knew in my heart that I wanted to change my life badly enough to where I don't have to ever look back. I'm glad to say that I made it happen with the support from my lovely wife and awesome teams. It's been a little over a year now, the most weight I lost during this journey was 73 lbs and I also played around with gaining some mass. One of the biggest things that I always hated even when I was in the military was running. I freaking hated running! lol March of this year, I participated in my first 5K, "The Shamrock Shuffle" then on May 5th we did the "Military Spartan Sprint". That race was brutal but receiving the medal in the end was totally worth it. I am in the best shape of my life and that is a huge thank you to all that have supported me.

If you ever need help during your journey, feel free to add me on here and message me.

You can also add me on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/joebanz77

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!