Weight Watchers- Success- Regain- ?

Options
Hello, looking for some input....here is my situation. I successfully lose 142 on WW Momentum Program. The new Points Plus program came about 4 months after I started maintenance. Things got a little shaky, but I maintained (and not easily) for about 2 years. Then the wheels came off the bus. I got tired, weary of it all.

I still don't know why I lost my will to maintain....but last fall I started slowly gaining weight and have gained about 50 pounds.

I'm happy that I didn't gain it ALL back, but still! I need to get 50 pounds back off.

I find myself unwilling to do WW again. It seems that I am OK for a week or two then I am just sick to death of it. Looking back, I think WW taught me portion control and how to eat healthy (no doubt!) but I also seem to have felt deprived. Because that is the way I feel now...deprived...I get so tired on "power foods", so I eat things that are not "point friendly".

Has anyone else had this experience with WW? It's a great program, but I think the points have set me up for deprivation. And for whatever reason Points Plus is much harder for me to follow and to lose weight than Momentum.

I am considering doing MFP instead. Does anyone have any thoughts on MFP vs Points? I undestand that points and calories all add up and I have to be at a deficit on either to lose weight. But, is MFP more flexible? It is "easier" to work this plan? Do you feel less deprived?

Any thoughts on the two and your experience with each is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenny