Frustrated

Options
So frustrated. Working out every day and eating within my 1200 cals and I have lost NOTHING only gained I just dont get it

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    1. Look through the forums. There are two or three threads on this almost every day with lots of advice.
    2. How honest are you in your tracking? Are you weighing and measuring every bite you eat? Are you tracking every bite you put in your mouth?
    3. If you're 100% confident in your food tracking, then the truth may be that you're not eating enough to support your daily activities and your body is reluctant to let it's stored fuel (fat) go.
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe up your calorie intake. I'm 5ft 7 weigh 11 stone 1 and my fitness pal has put me at 1510 based on light activity, I work out 6 times a week 40-60 mins cardio and then currently doing 30 day squat and abs challenge.

I try eat my exercise calories back but never succeed fully, so I like you am netting around 1200-1300 I am going to try from tomorrow to hit my 1510 goal and any exercises I do eat them back. I have gained 1lb since last week so i feel same as you. FEEL FREE to add me as a friend we could motivate each other
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    maybe have your thyroid checked, my best friend was trying to diet and eating barely anything, working out a lot and still wasnt loosing and found out she had an underactive thyroid and has to take thyroid medicine. to loose weight, she has to be reeeally strict. like onlygrilled/baked chicken/fish and veggies still even with the thyroid meds
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    also how tall are you? im 5'1 if i eat 1200 i gain weight
  • csnooks82899
    csnooks82899 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. doing cardio and some interval/circut training 5 to 6 days a week from 30 to 60 minutes.

i am pretty accurate with my food. I try and measure/weigh it all. I have been at this now for 35 days and the exercise for 17 days straight lost 10, gained back 4 and now stuck.

I was thinking of increasing my calories for a bit, and if that doesn't work, maybe I will call the doc! I just needed to vent more then anything! BUT I will not give up!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your exercise and eating some of those calories back? MFP gives you those calories for a reason. It sounds counter-intuitive, but the body really doesn't like you to eat too little.

Also, if you just started exercising recently you could be holding onto some water weight. Our bodies flood sore muscles to help them heal. Drink plenty of fluids and make sure you're taking enough rest days.

Remember, weight loss isn't linear. A week or two without a loss won't be unusual during your journey. Our bodies naturally fluctuate by up to 5 pounds from day to day and week to week. You could be holding onto extra water if it's that time of month, you're eating a lot of sodium, stressed, etc. It's a cliche, but you have to remember that this will be a marathon and not a sprint.
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    When you first start to work out it is not uncommon to gain weight at first. You need to give your muscles time to rest. There is no need to exercise 17 days in a row. My guess is with as much as you are working out and as little as you are eating your body is completely freaked out and holding onto everything. Are you taking measurements? Because I can stay put on the scale for months but lose 2 pant sizes in the process. Without seeing your diary, I would venture to guess you are not eating near enough with the amount of exercise and little rest you are allowing yourself. I would look into TDEE and either put yourself at lightly active and subtract 20% from that or do the sedentary figures and subtract 20% from that then eat back exercise calories. I am a little lower right now then normal because I am getting married next month but right now I am set at 1400 calories but then if I burn 298 calories doing the 30 day shred, I eat all or most of those back. Even if I walk I add that in and eat those calories too. So many days I am up at close to 1700 calories. But normally, my goal is around 1480-1500 calories per day. I just dropped it for the short term. You will be in your body for a long time, slow and steady wins the race.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    how long has it been? successful weight loss takes a long time. be patient and eat more than 1200 calories. your body needs fuel - make good choices with what you are eating. and lift weights, don't just do tons of cardio. lifting weights strengthens your muscles, which in turn burns fat more efficiently.

OH and eat a lot more protein.