DIET COKE

Options
is it bad to drink 2L of diet coke? not every day.. I just want it today haha!

i dont care about the stuff it does to my teeth etc.. just is it bad to drink it? weight wise

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    No wont hurt ur weight
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    i drink it all the time an still lost weight/stayed skinny
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It won't mess up your weight loss, but I usually try to limit myself to a can of diet soda a day because of the artificial sweetener and phosphorous and their effect on my kidney problems.
  • LauraRose03
    LauraRose03 Posts: 140
    Options
    It won't mess up your weight loss, but I usually try to limit myself to a can of diet soda a day because of the artificial sweetener and phosphorous and their effect on my kidney problems.
    There are articles out there that say it will mess up your weight loss, but I've never had a problem with it. I try to limit myself with diet sodas like laserturkey^^^, because, like he said, the artificial sweetener isn't healthy. There are some natural sodas out there, like Izze, which are low in calories and taste like soda, but no aspartame! They're yummy, you should give them a try!
  • crowlg94
    crowlg94 Posts: 41
    Options
    Here is a qute from a Mens Health article on diet soda.

"Think choosing no-calorie diet over the regular sugary soda is the smarter choice? Maybe not. A recent study found that diet sodas drinkers have larger waistlines than non-drinkers."

Here is the link to the complete article. After reading it I have stopped drinking soda except for a mixer when I have my JD & coke.

http://news.menshealth.com/the-truth-about-diet-soda/2011/07/07/
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Likewise. I've never had a problem with weight loss and diet soda, but I limit it due to kidney issues.

Love your avatar, by the way. :heart:
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    is it bad to drink 2L of diet coke? not every day.. I just want it today haha!

i dont care about the stuff it does to my teeth etc.. just is it bad to drink it? weight wise

YES... Diet soda has been linked to kidney problems, metabloc sydrome, Obisity (artificial sweeteners still make the body hungry, and you are more likely to overeat), Midoconrial Cell Damage(the presevatives), Rotting Teath(diet soda has a PH of 3.2, perspective, battery acid is 1, water is 7 or higher).

www.prevention.com/food/healthy...tips/health-risks-drinking-diet-soda‎

I'm an EX Diet Coke Drinker, Once i started researching things a little i gave it up cold turker, and i was, like you, at almost a 2L a day!