I Need A TEENAGE FITNESS BUDDY??!!

HEY people. I really just cant diet I need someone to help motivate me and to talk to when the cravings get tough..
AND I BOUGHT A WHOLE WARDROBE THAT LIKE 5 SIZES SMALLER THEM MY SIZE.
so as you can see i need someone.
Anyone interested? :ohwell:

Replies

• no i dont mean starving myself i mean like when i eat healthy and im full but i STILL wanna eat ice cream and chips. Get it?
  • haha thats just like me im like "maybe a little bit of chips"
    next thing i know the bag is gone
  • not as easy as it sounds lady
  • DeathListFive
    DeathListFive Posts: 29 Member
    Actually, it is. Simply put, every single thing you do is a choice. You can make the choice to live a healthy lifestyle, or you can make the choice to cram your face with junk. There's no gray area.
  • well then thanks that actually helps
  • LaurenEFord
    LaurenEFord Posts: 15
    Welcome! Not a teenager anymore, but if you need a friend send me an invite :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    You bought a wardrobe 5 sizes smaller than you are??? How much do you weight? From your profile picture, there is no way you need to lose a ton of weight. I hope you don't have body dismorphia disorder. If you're skinny fat, build muscles by lifting heavy weights.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Hey, I'm 18. I can help you, or at least try! Feel free to friend me!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    haha thats just like me im like "maybe a little bit of chips"
    next thing i know the bag is gone

Even though I'm not a teenager hopefully you'll think about what I have to say: if you haven't already, try buying the small single serve bags of chips and start from there. It will get easier for the cravings. Self control is something that can be learned-the first thing is typically figuring out why you're eating the whole bag of chips-is it really that you're hungry, you're eating while doing other things so you're not paying attention, etc. etc.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Hi, I have a whole wardrobe of teen cloths. If anyone would like to come over and borrow some, most pants are 26- 29 waist and shirts and smalls. please let me know.
    They are all boy cloths though. . so no girls.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Actually, it is. Simply put, every single thing you do is a choice. You can make the choice to live a healthy lifestyle, or you can make the choice to cram your face with junk. There's no gray area.

Actually there's a HUGE grey area. OP you are perfectly capable of losing weight just stay within a reasonable calorie deficit and eat a well balanced diet. This includes things like ice cream or pizza occasionally. Allowing yourself little treats now and again will help you stay on track and not binge eat. Also make sure that you're eating the right amount of calories to support your daily activity.

There's a very helpful group you can utilize on here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

These guys can help give you the correct information to get on track.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    not as easy as it sounds lady

Yeah sometimes it's not so easy.

I use MFP for many forms of support. Motivation to workout, eat right and eat enough but no too much,
    and support to stay on track.

I hope you find the support to stay on a healthy plan.

Good luck.
  • melanelson
    melanelson Posts: 16 Member
    I don't know why some people feel the need to be so unsupportive on here. (I'm sure even me saying that will get a negative response). Welcome to MFP, I am not a teen, but if you want to expand your friends list to include 20-somethings, I would be glad to offer support :)
  • what im saying is that sometimes it super easy but sometimes it gets super hard.
  • DeathListFive
    Actually there's a HUGE grey area.

No. There's not a gray area at all. IIFYM is fine and dandy, however it's still a matter of making healthy choices. Period.
  • melanelson
    melanelson Posts: 16 Member
    I totally get it, Fitnessprincess. Happy to have you here!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    what im saying is that sometimes it super easy but sometimes it gets super hard.

That's life.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    haha, really? This is what you want?

ewsogrossthumb.jpg?w=460&h=551
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Ugh, nevermind.
  • DeathListFive
    what im saying is that sometimes it super easy but sometimes it gets super hard.

I'll tell you what's super hard right now.

Diamonds. Diamonds are really hard.