12 weeks, 32.6lbs down, down 2 pant sizes! (w/ pic)

Options
So, let me start off by saying that I am not to my goal yet. I still have about 70lbs to go before I hit that.

A bit about me: I'm 22, 5'8" and I started my weight loss journey on Feb 18th when I was at 262.2lbs .... I had a rude awakening when I went home to visit my family earlier in Feb and saw the family photos.... :noway: I was shocked that I had let myself go so much. Now let me say that I have been through a lot more life changing events than most people go through their entire lives... but I'm not looking for pity. I knew I had to take charge and do something about it. So I did. I'd tried other fad diets in the past and always was trying to lose weight for other people and never made it more than a week or two. This time it's for myself, and I refuse to let myself down! :)

I started off by just tracking my food and reducing my calories slightly and doing about 30 mins of cardio along with 15 mins of lifting some weights 5 times a week. I was losing at a decent pace and I felt great. Stupidly, I didn't take starting measurements. I wish I had! I've worked my way up to 60-90 mins of cardio and an average of 30 minutes of lifting weights, plus some random ab exercises when I'm done 5-6 times a week (And after 5 years of not running...I can now run a mile in under 10 minutes!) I'm not going to tell you what my "secret" is... I have done a lot of different types of workouts, experimenting with what works for me and what doesn't. All I know is that I am putting my health as my main priority and that I find time to work out no matter what I have going on. I allow myself to have the foods I want, but definitely in moderation. I make it work into my daily calories and workout.

Anyways, I wanted to share because I am just so excited that I am down 2 pant sizes, and jeans that used to be skin tight are now saggy and falling down constantly. I am finally in the 220's (barely...but I'm still there!) and my ultimate goal weight is 160lbs. However, I may try to get down to 140 depending on how my physique looks now that I'm not half-assing my workouts. I'm giving 110% every time. I'd like to be at approx 20% body fat.

Anyways, enough with the rambling... Here's my pic :)

PhotoGrid_1368816058705-1_resized_zps36d77c83.jpg

Replies

• SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I can see it in the belly especially! It disappeared :)
  • krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Big differece wow you gut is gone!! Way to go :):flowerforyou:
  • courtneyknudsen2
    Options
    You look great. Way to go. Keep up the good work.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • simoneg14
    simoneg14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job - keep it up!
  • OhSayNow
    OhSayNow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great! I am starting out with similar stats to your starting stats and needed some inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • lors993
    lors993 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! Well done you!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Amazing....I too have lost alot of weight......

soon people you know for years (if you hav not seen them in awhile) will not even recognize you!

You already look amazing....keep up the good work!!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, and I can really see a big difference. Do you mind telling me how many calories you ate and did you eat back your exercise calories? Thanks
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!!! Really Awesome!!!!!:drinker:
  • cchapa0911
    cchapa0911 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work!
  • snowfallgently
    Options
    You look great!!! You are an inspiration to me....thanks so much for sharing your story and pics.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can see it in your belly and arms.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Keep up what you're doing, girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!