Hi. I'm Loralee!

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been on MFP for almost two months now - almost entirely on mobile so just stumbled on this portion of the site a few days ago! All I can say is wow and once I have some time to dig into this message board further, I think I am going to find some amazing friends and not do this weight loss journey alone anymore.

You see, I am much larger than most of you and have over 180 #'s to lose. I have lost 16 so far, haven't been on the scale in alomst a month though. My focus right now is to no longer have a "3" in front of my weight. I haven't made a big deal about it and haven't even told most of my family what I am doing because I am still so afraid of failing. But looking at things positively, this is the longest attempt I have succeeded at in over 15 years. When you weight as much as I do - you tend to really think losing weight is practically impossible.

I look forward to meeting some of you on here and adding some friendships to my experience.

Have an amazing day!

Replies

• pleasehealthme
    Options
    Hey! Nice you could finally post. I LOVE the forums here. Most folks are so kind, and helpful. Of course you get some rotten eggs but that's life! I added you. I'm always here for ongoing support and motivation. Let's LOSE together! haha
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Loralee! Congrats on your 16 pound loss, that is fantastic. Keep up the great work. I know failing is a scary thing, but it looks like you are doing great so far. Some days will be harder than others, but keep at it and in a month, 6 months, year from now and beyond, you'll be glad you stuck with it!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Loralee! Congrats on losing 16. One step at a time and you will reach your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • missxoshell
    missxoshell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight you have lost so far!! I also just started chatting with people on the message boards :) I added you
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    welcome Loralee.

I am glad to hear you are starting your journey.

I joined MFP a few months ago and it has been great help.

I search the message boards for a topic of interest. There are many MFP members who had shared their knowledge and experience.

If I am a little frustrated, I go the Success Stories, some are amazing.

Patience, discipline and perseverance have been my lessons for excess weight riddance.

Good luck in your journey