wanting a new scale

repete11
repete11 Posts: 53
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
We just recently moved and I threw out our old scale, mainly because it was ancient and I don't think it was accurate. I am going today to find a new one. I also am open to ordering one if that is the way to get the best scale. Does anyone have any suggestions for scales they really like? Features to look for would be helpful too!:smile:

Replies

• DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    We got a nice one at Costco for about $25. It's electronic and has a nice large lighted digital readout so you don't have to squint to see it. Don't know the brand, but it's the only one Costco has.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    I've tried a few fancy digital ones and they've all turned out to be garbage and innacurate. I've tried a WeightWatchers Digital scale which cost me around 80$ and it gave very wrong readings, and I also bought a cheaper no-name model, also digital, from wal-mart for about 30$ which also gave innacurate readings. So, I finally just decided to go with a Taylor Analog Scale. It's not fancy, but it's never off or innacurate either and will only run you about 20$. I don't think I'll EVER buy another digital scale. They don't work! And if they do, they won't for long. :D
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Got my Health-O-Meter scale at Kohl's with a gift card (think it's around $30). You can also get it at Walmart and Target. It's got the standard weigh-in but also allows you to keep track of up to 4 different profiles. I keep mine on a tile floor and don't move it; and it stays pretty accurate; I haven't had any issues with it. There are also some that are supposed to measure % body fat, hydration, etc. but I didn't want/need anything that fancy.
  • MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    I have the Health-O-Meter digital body fat % scale. It does weight, body fat %, water weight %, bone mass and BMI. It holds up to six profiles. I got it at WalMart for about $45. I love it and it's very accurate. The scale I had before would weigh a pound different within a 30 second time span. This one is accurate and I love that I can keep track of my body fat and water weight.
This discussion has been closed.