Argh.....Not Losing!

Options
After three weeks of eating perfectly (except for a few treats on Mother's Day) I am so frustrated that I have lost nothing! I have not had ANY chocolate, lollies, cake, junk food, etc in that time, nor any white carbs like pasta, rice, white bread , etc. I have pretty well given up Coke Zero except for a can or two on the weekend. I have also upped my exercise and weight sessions, and have still lost nothing.....no cms from my measurements either!!!! My god, it is so frustrating to work so hard and have no reward! I haven't been logging my food, but here is a typical day's menu (I eat fairly well the same each day). If any one has any advice, that would be great!

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 100ml of skim milk, 1 grilled tomato and 5-6 grilled button mushrooms
Snack: Carrot and capsicum sticks with either hummus dip or ham slices
Lunch: Massive salad containing lettuce, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, celery, mushrooms, gherkins, tomato, salsa and 80g of shredded chicken breast
Snack: An apple and either some almonds or a Greek yoghurt
Dinner: Approx 100g of protein (either steak or chicken breast) with 300-400g of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, onion)
Snack: I don't always have this but if I'm hungry it might be Greek yoghurt and blueberries, or some diet jelly.

My exercise goes like this:

Mon - Rest day
Tues - 30 mins of cardio (running), 1.5 hours of yoga
Wed - 20 mins cardio, 20 mins of weights, 1.5 hours of dance class
Thurs - 30 mins of cardio, 1 hour of dance class
Fri - 45 mins of weights
Sat - 30 mins of cardio (interval runs/cycle)
Sun - 45 mins to 1 hour of weights

I have just put in an order for Lite and Easy to see if the change of food shakes things up a bit, but any advice you can offer would be great.

Replies

• squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Calories are the most important thing. How many calories are you eating. You could eat junk food exclusively and still lose as long as your calories in are less than calories out. I lose between 2 and 3lbs a week eating between 1300 and 1600 calories a day. I dont really exercise since my job requires a lot of manual labor.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You are VERYactive - how much are you eating each day? Are you properly fueling your body to support that workout routine? I am moderately active and workout less than you. Ieat 2000 calories a day (gross)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Give it time.
    Patience.
  • christinealexis
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Believe me...I know for me it took a long time before everything just clicked. I've been on my health and fitness journey for some time now..what worked for me is keeping a journal (on my phone) as well as counting calories. I started with making little changes...giving up soda, fried foods...eat more fruits and veggies, drink tons of water. believe me you will start to see changes. keep working out, continue to eat clean as much as you can. I don't believe in depriving myself so i do give myself an "off day" and every day I have a little something for instance a small piece of dark chocolate. Keep chipping away at it. It will happen. add me as a friend so you can view my food diary, so you can get ideas of foods you might want to try. Good luck. you can do this!!
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any bread or rice or carbs... Maybe if you added that to your menu...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Patience. Excruciating patience.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Believe me...I know for me it took a long time before everything just clicked. I've been on my health and fitness journey for some time now..what worked for me is keeping a journal (on my phone) as well as counting calories. I started with making little changes...giving up soda, fried foods...eat more fruits and veggies, drink tons of water. believe me you will start to see changes. keep working out, continue to eat clean as much as you can. I don't believe in depriving myself so i do give myself an "off day" and every day I have a little something for instance a small piece of dark chocolate. Keep chipping away at it. It will happen. add me as a friend so you can view my food diary, so you can get ideas of foods you might want to try. Good luck. you can do this!!

Thanks, I have been on the weight loss journey for about 4 years myself......at first I lost easily (as most people do I guess) and then my weight stabilized, then I lost a bit more and hit my lowest weight. Since then my weight has slowly been creeping up and I am finding it even more difficult to lose each time. I'm playing with small numbers here though, my lowest weight was 6kg less than I am now and I don't necessarily want to go back down there as I don't think it was sustainable, but I'd like to lose 3 kg at least. I went on holidays a few weeks ago and put on 2kg in 10 days, and now I can't lose it....it's so frustrating!!!
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Patience.....I don't have time! I need to get off at least 3kg in the next 6 weeks for an event! I thought my goal was quite achievable - when I started I had 9 weeks to lose the 3kg, but as I haven't lost anything 3 weeks in, it's very annoying! Everyone keeps saying to me, "Oh you're so active, you'll burn it off in no time" but it is not happening!

And as for the no bread, rice, pasta, etc - I actually hit my lowest weight a couple of years ago when I cut all that stuff out of my diet, and I achieved it quickly, so I was trying to replicate that, but it certainly isn't working this time round :-(
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    You say you don't log so how do you know how many calories you are eating? You can still go over on calories by eating "good" foods - I had been doing that for months before deciding to make myself more accountable.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Patience.....I don't have time! I need to get off at least 3kg in the next 6 weeks for an event! I thought my goal was quite achievable - when I started I had 9 weeks to lose the 3kg, but as I haven't lost anything 3 weeks in, it's very annoying! Everyone keeps saying to me, "Oh you're so active, you'll burn it off in no time" but it is not happening!

And as for the no bread, rice, pasta, etc - I actually hit my lowest weight a couple of years ago when I cut all that stuff out of my diet, and I achieved it quickly, so I was trying to replicate that, but it certainly isn't working this time round :-(

Also, prolly not the best mindset right here - you need to lose quickly for an event, you have lost quickly in the past with this approach - but how did that work out for you long term? Exactly.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Also, prolly not the best mindset right here - you need to lose quickly for an event, you have lost quickly in the past with this approach - but how did that work out for you long term? Exactly.

QFT
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You say you don't log so how do you know how many calories you are eating? You can still go over on calories by eating "good" foods - I had been doing that for months before deciding to make myself more accountable.

This is SOOOOO true. I was 'clean eating' very strictly for about a month and a half, but I was not weighing/measuring anything. I wondered why I wasn't losing because this was a whole new way of eating for me--I SHOULD have been losing weight. I decided to buy a cheap food scale at Walmart and measure out portions..and WOW was I waaaaay off on amounts. I am not good at eyeballing portions. That scale was the best investment.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options

It's ALL people can say. Listen to them. They can't make things move for you but they can give you ideas of how to make things budge. You have to be patient, Youre going to have to be, whether you have the time or not.

Try logging your food and your exercise. Maybe you are not eating enough.