Newly single- to stay in or go out?

Options
diliveslife
diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
I have issues- don't we all.

Here is the deal. My BF and I of a little over a year recently ended things. And I mean- they are OVER. It's amicable, we both agree the two of us are just way too different and drive each other nuts. The problem is that I am still in that broken up "funk". I don't want to go out- but don't want to stay home around him and sulk/ be in his presence right now until I have more time to get over it.

The problem is that we live together- he moved into the house I bought in October 2012 and pays half the mortgage. He's a dad and his kid has a room there for the weekends- he's there every weekend. We came up with him having the 3 rooms and I keep the master and we'll keep splitting the bill. It's a sweet deal for him having a house to share and for me so I don't have to have two or three separate adult roommates along with their cars/guests etc.

I know that in a couple weeks things will be much better. But right now although I want to go home tonight- go maybe workout then chill- I don't know that it's smart and maybe I should go out with girlfriends. My friend invited me to a new wine bar on her side of town- so I can do that and who knows, maybe meet someone new not that I am eager to but ya never know. I also just don't want to get into a pattern of "going out".

What's the best thing to do?

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Your situation sucks goat *kitten*. That is only going to make it tougher to get out of the funk.

Go out.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Accept your friends invitiation.......it will keep your mind busy while time does its thing to heal and pass......... WINE! VINO VINO VINO GO out babycakes enjoy and have one for me! :flowerforyou:
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Go out! I'm in a similar boat and just got paid.. I'm going out tonight, and planning on tomorrow as well..
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    u ditched the chump now get off your rump... go drink some wine and get home later than nine. go out to the bar my shining star.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I hate serious posts but........Go out responsibly. Lots of people in this situation turn into ****ing idiots when they go out.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do after a breakup is to change at least one thing - a haircut, paint a room, change your duvet, join a group, or change your routine. It's a great way to start over, feel better about yourself and start healing. I say go out if it's a change to your routine, and be around people who make you feel good.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    u ditched the chump now get off your rump... go drink some wine and get home later than nine. go out to the bar my shining star.

Hell yeah this dudes got the right idea!!! Rockstar action!!!!
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GO OUT!

whether its to that bar with your girlfriends or just going over her house...just make sure to go out and keep your mind busy
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Single, no kids......

Hit the gym, go home sweaty, shower, primp yourself, go out, get dirty, roll back in around 3am...

Rinse, repeat 5 days/week
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Go out!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Go out!!
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Go out and enjoy yourself do whatever you like. If you dont want things to be awkward at home just come back in and act like it was a normal evening, nothing overly exciting. Then it wont seem like you're flaunting.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Um, I wouldn't jump into anything too soon.
    Give yourself time to heal.
    Going out can be fun if ya can manage to get out of your own way.
    Something I am unable to do.
    Hope all works out for you.
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! What a funny group- you all had me laughing! I will go out. Responsibly like the nerd that I am! :) I love the new duvet idea or painting a room. Although I have the worst nesting skills so I probably wont be painting. I definitely want to keep things cordial and not the type to start drama- so I won't be home too late because I don't want him to be uncomfortable but I will enjoy some girl time and a glass of hopefully delicious wine.

**sigh** I hate this stage! BUT I am positive about the future and know I am doing the right thing/what's best for me.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Thanks everyone! What a funny group- you all had me laughing! I will go out. Responsibly like the nerd that I am! :) I love the new duvet idea or painting a room. Although I have the worst nesting skills so I probably wont be painting. I definitely want to keep things cordial and not the type to start drama- so I won't be home too late because I don't want him to be uncomfortable but I will enjoy some girl time and a glass of hopefully delicious wine.

**sigh** I hate this stage! BUT I am positive about the future and know I am doing the right thing/what's best for me.

Thats it! Its all about you babycakes! The tragedy in the strategy of looking ot for #1!!:drinker:
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I'm newly single too and can tell you, if I had a babysitter I'd be OUT! There's so much fun to be had out there in the world. Don't focus on starting a new relationship just have fun. You'll feel much better about your situation if you start to build your own life outside of the life you had with him.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Get dressed. Go out. Have fun. If you want to go home early, then take a cab home. If you drink too much and act silly, forgive yourself.

Really, it's all about the healing.

Namaste.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Your situation sucks goat *kitten*. That is only going to make it tougher to get out of the funk.

Go out.

As I laughing at this reply I have to agree totally. Yes it sucks goat *kitten* and GO OUT!