Scheduling food DISASTER! HELP!

Greetings all,
I have an interesting problem that I haven't been able to find a proper answer for. I work in a hotel as a Front Desk manager. I work all three shifts, 7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm, and overnight 11pm to 7am. This means that my meals, activity, and sleep are always changing. And my wife works full time retail, so there are days that. due to scheduling problems, I get off work, sleep 4 hours, watch the bambino for 7 hours, then sleep another 4 before I go back to work.

I would say all of my information about diet and excessive divides the day in to sleep at night and work at day, and if I worked just nights, the switch would be simple, but I never eat at the same time, and even the fitness pal app on my phone thinks that my calorie intake is based on a 9 to 5 job.

Is anyone out there have experience with this kind of thing? I"m really struggling with this.

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    You need to define what your 24 hour day is and base your calorie intake on that period.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Try setting up your diary with 6, 4-hour blocks. So your meals would look like this:

12am-4am
    4am-8am
    8am-12pm
    12pm-4pm
    4pm-8pm
    8pm-12am

And log that way... then each calendar day, you just log in the appropriate time slot.