How many calories do you usually consume on a cheat day?

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    my normal intake is 2200-2500/day. So, I guess my 'cheat' day would be sitting at about 3000 which is just above my TDEE of 2900...

Pretty much this right here.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    I try and eat "clean" the majority of the time and then have one "cheat" meal a week which includes food I don't normally eat and some alcohol. This week was an exception because of Mother's Day, a birthday and then Girl's Night Out tomorrow night. So I don't expect to lose any weight this week. In fact, I may gain a couple of pounds, but it's okay. This is a lifelong commitment for me and not a diet. I'm also still tweaking my calorie level to see where I need to be to lose about a half pound a week.

At the Mother's Day brunch, an outrageous buffet, I tracked everything but had to guess at most of it. It came in around 1000 calories for that one meal. But I was so full that dinner was carrots and hummus. The birthday dinner was another bad one because everything was fried or laden with butter. I don't even feel good eating like that anymore. It just makes me feel gross. Tomorrow night I will enjoy a couple of margaritas with the girls and the potluck we have planned is all pretty healthy stuff. I will have some desert though. That is definitely a treat for me.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    On Sundays I usually just have what I was craving the most during the week and have a bigger portion then I normally would.

My family still has a big Sunday dinner,a large meal mid day.

This week it's italian and I will probably end up around 2,000 calories BUT Sunday is also the day I try to do the most physical activity with my kids ( riding bikes,hikes,long walks) so it balances out.
  • kprengaman
    kprengaman Posts: 4 Member
    I don't count calories on a cheat day. For me, part of the luxury of the "cheat" is I don't worry about the calories.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    In the beginning i wanted to reward myself with a cheat day after i lost a couple of lbs. after awhile, i didn't want a cheat day because i didn't want mess up my progress. i do allow myself a cheat meal but no cheat days. i fear i will feel bad the day after. I will be going to the states and looking forward to some sushi and some fried chicken though! lol
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    My normal daily intake with my exercise is usually over 2000, sometimes over 2500, so if I have a cheat day, I can easily hit 3000-4000.
    I workout hard, I am a normal weight, I have a fair amount of muscle, and evidently, that needs fuelling.
    When I did not strength train, or workout so intensely, my normal intake was still around 1800-2000.
    Having said that, I am 5'10 tall.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I think I hit close to 5000 on my last "cheat" day (if not a little more). It doesn't happen often, though
  • Great post! I'm fairly new and waiting for my first "cheat" day. I'm sure it's coming soon :)
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    I have a cheat once a week and its around 4000-5000 cals usually.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Cheat day for me equals a reasonable lunch, then wine.

Whatever happens after that, who knows.

:drinker:
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    A cheat day for me would be more than 4000 calories. Three years of running pretty much everyday let's you eat boat loads of calories without gaining weight. I love my metabolism. Normal days would be 3500 calories a day. I lowered my intake to 1850 last week and dropped 3 lbs in 7 days. :O
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    I don't have "cheat days"; I eat what I want and try to fit it into my calories. If it goes a bit over, I either accept it and start again the next day or exercise a bit more to make up for it.

That being said, on my birthday I did consume a lot more calories than usual, probably within the 2500-3000 range (I wasn't counting). I didn't gain any weight from this.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    I dont have 'cheat days' but I will have a treat meal every so often and consume 1200 calories in just that meal - but i work around it and have a weekly deficit
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    I don't necessarily have cheat days, however there are days where I am just craving so many different things and try eating all different types of foods to quench said cravings. Today was one of those days.
    I usually find myself between 1800-2000 calories when this happens. sometimes a bit more if I snack on lots of junk food.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Between 4k and 5k, depending on how many beers I decide to have with my "eat all the things" Chinese buffet showdown.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    I pretty much net an average of 1400, that is with me burning an average of 400 calories. (so that would be aprox 1800 intake per day). I eat what I want for the most part but tweak the recipe or portion to allow it to fit into my calorie goal. I have only been on mfp and counting calories for 1 month today, so I haven't had an official "cheat day" but there was a day I went out to eat and went aprox 250 calories over but i thought I was behaving myself so I didn't consider it a cheat. I don't know what I would have if I did a cheat day? Maybe a bottle of wine, a chunk of manchego cheese, some brie, crackers and apples... I could totally binge on cheese and wine!
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    a cheat day for me iz lyke over 100 cals above my daily goal
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Usually around 3,000. I eat up around 2,000 usually (depending on what I did that day - work days I burn over 3k, so depends how hungry I am).
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    I've stopped calling it my cheat day. Every couple of weeks or so I have a no counting calories day. I have found that my "splurges" are getting smaller because I am changing the way I eat all the other days. For me it's a mental break more then anything, I go right back on the next day and it keeps me from going stir crazy and feeling like I'm on a diet. At some point in this journey I hope to be able to stop counting calories all together, but for now it keeps me in line. :)
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    My cheat days normally intake 400 more calories. It's like a cup cake or something. I've only had one cheat day since April 2. previously I find that if I let cheat days something to look forward to or a weekly habit my eating good consistently will fail. I find eating good for me is like gaining momentum.