Fitbit Flex vs. One Review

Options
123457»

Replies

• stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Luckydays27! It's been a year since you first posted your review, although I've only just come across it. I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit and this whole thread has helped me make up my mind.

Your updates have been really motivating, too. Down to earth, practical and inspiring!
    So how are things going 12 months on? It would be great to hear from you.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Luckydays27! It's been a year since you first posted your review, although I've only just come across it. I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit and this whole thread has helped me make up my mind.

Your updates have been really motivating, too. Down to earth, practical and inspiring!
    So how are things going 12 months on? It would be great to hear from you.

Thanks for posting!! Things have been really, really good for me. I am still at maintenance and still the same weight. I fluctuate depending on what I eat but I am pretty much holding steady at 145-146 lbs. For my 5'4" frame, its perfect for me. I have a chest, so any thinner and the girls will go away.

I am working on my strength training now. I lift heavy and love it. I eat more than 2000 cals a day and have maintained my weight for around 4 months now. For the past month, I have been more flexible with the types of foods I am eating and have been going over my cals a bit. I have not gained any weight but I have not changed my BF either. I have figured out my maintenance number but have to do better at cleaning up the diet to get the fat loss going again.

For the numbers folks, I have lost a total of 74 lbs and around 48 lbs of that was since I got the fitbit. Once I dialed in my food intake based on my calories burned, I really was able to lose the weight. I dont regret buying the FB at all and in fact, think its the best $100 I have spent on weight loss ever. We have all been there and blown lots of money for the quick fix when in reality all I needed was a calorie burn tracker, the ability to handle daily calorie counting, and a crap load of hard work and willpower, and I am where I want to be.

here is the before and almost after. 219 lbs to 157 lbs
    Compare1_zps6243e65c.jpg

Here I am now (well maybe 2 months ago. me at 146 lbs
    IMG_9849_zpsa8ca73ce.jpg

I still wear the FB every day and count calories. I weigh in nearly everyday and do measurements every weekend. I am not ready to give up my security blanket and go it alone yet as I dont trust myself. I dont limit myself or restrict myself all that much so its not a worry. I know that if I went overboard for a few days, I need to rein myself into keep it in balance and MFP/FB really help me do that.
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting!! Things have been really, really good for me. I am still at maintenance and still the same weight. I fluctuate depending on what I eat but I am pretty much holding steady at 145-146 lbs. For my 5'4" frame, its perfect for me. I have a chest, so any thinner and the girls will go away.

I am working on my strength training now. I lift heavy and love it. I eat more than 2000 cals a day and have maintained my weight for around 4 months now. For the past month, I have been more flexible with the types of foods I am eating and have been going over my cals a bit. I have not gained any weight but I have not changed my BF either. I have figured out my maintenance number but have to do better at cleaning up the diet to get the fat loss going again.

For the numbers folks, I have lost a total of 74 lbs and around 48 lbs of that was since I got the fitbit. Once I dialed in my food intake based on my calories burned, I really was able to lose the weight. I dont regret buying the FB at all and in fact, think its the best $100 I have spent on weight loss ever. We have all been there and blown lots of money for the quick fix when in reality all I needed was a calorie burn tracker, the ability to handle daily calorie counting, and a crap load of hard work and willpower, and I am where I want to be.

I still wear the FB every day and count calories. I weigh in nearly everyday and do measurements every weekend. I am not ready to give up my security blanket and go it alone yet as I dont trust myself. I dont limit myself or restrict myself all that much so its not a worry. I know that if I went overboard for a few days, I need to rein myself into keep it in balance and MFP/FB really help me do that.

Thanks for getting back. Your story is really inspiring because it's frill-free and you're so positive. You're looking absolutely fantastic! I think you're right to keep weighing and measuring to stay on top of things. They say the first year or so post weight loss is critical for keeping it off.

I've just ordered my Fitbit, so I'll be using it in a couple of days! I can't wait! I do have a HRM, which I use for workouts or if I know I'll be walking for more than 30 minutes. But other than that my life has become extremely sedentary - I have a home office so I don't even get the calorie burn from walking to the car!
    But it's not just about weight loss - I do my workouts and watch what I eat - it's about general fitness and lifestyle. I know another gadget won't do the work for me (alas!) but I think it'll be a good way to get feedback and a kick in the you-know-what when I need to get moving!

All the best for your continuing journey.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    luckydays27 - thanks for helping me (like many others) decide on the fitbit one. your review is detailed and interesting, and your updates are inspiring and very informative.

and many congratulations on your success :)
  • krae_98
    krae_98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and have washed mine twice. Much to my surprise it is still working!! Granted it was in the clip on case so that probably shielded it from the water but still, twice and still working. Pretty amazing!
  • hbug21
    hbug21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for the review! I have been struggling with which one to purchase. This helps tremendously! I sit much of the day at a desk and can only imagine how far off the Flex may be at the end of the day with arm movement to get various paperwork and other items. I like the idea of being able to wear it on my wrist (less likely to be forgotten) but from your review, it sounds like the one would be a much better choice for me.

Thank you!
  • blondchick777
    Options
    Thank you! Very helpful information. I was going to purchase the Flex, but will get One instead!
  • Duckie57
    Duckie57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your detailed review, LuckyDays27. I bought the FitBit One just two days ago, and it felt a little cumbersome trying to figure out where to wear it all day. I was thinking about exchanging it for the Flex, but after reading your comparison, I'll stick with the One. I need the accuracy, because the FitBit syncs with MyFitnessPal, and that calorie count with the exercise piece helps keep me where I need to be with workouts and calories each day. Your review was very timely for helping with my decision..thank you SO much!
  • jpa2161
    jpa2161 Posts: 5
    Options
    Excellent posts. I am planning to pick a Fitbit One to start using. Have been steadily using MyFitnessPal for the past two weeks and finally taking losing weight serious. I the the One will help motivate me in conjunction with everything else I am doing. Thanks so much for the posts folks!
  • gappy78
    gappy78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried wearing the Fitbit One with any wrist accessory? Like "Sleep Sport Band Armband for Fitbit, Misfit, and for Sony SmartBand by Griffin Technology" ? Does that skew up the steps in Fitbit One too?

I am wondering if its a wrist vs. Pocket issue...

Gana
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post!! I had told my husband I wanted the flex for my birthday last week and I admit I was a little disappointed when I opened my gift and found he had bought me the fitbit one --- he said he researched and found the one to be much better in most reviews and decided to get me that one -- and I LOVE it!! You post just makes me feel better with my gift!!

I just got the fitbit for my birthday about a week ago and I LOVE IT!! :love:
  • kaseycuyler
    kaseycuyler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just started MyFitnessPal yesterday and got my Fitbit One today thanks to you guys! Was going to get the Flex but i'm glad I was talked out of it. I shouldn't have a problem with losing it or taking it off as I take my watch and glasses off before bed as well just one more thing to add =D