Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pancake Breakfast!!!

lexicalabrese
lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
So...breakfast.:grumble:

Breakfast for me is usually a packet of oatmeal and some soy milk and then I go about my day. Since my husband is deployed, this is about all the cooking I usually want to do, and it's suited me just fine for the 7 months he's been gone so far.

Well, I have been wanting to start a "Pancake Sunday" tradition before he gets back so that my little one and I will be in the habit of doing it when he does come home. I know, I know, it's a Monday...but I was slacking yesterday morning so we started it today. Anyway, I figure it would be nice for him to come home to some nice traditions :) Not to mention there's only four or five more "Pancake Sundays" before he comes home :D

So! I made whole wheat blueberry pancakes with some scrambled eggs this morning...and they were yum! They weren't super fantastically delicious, but I definitely got the pancake "feel" from them, so I felt like I was being naughty :laugh: I was able to use a tablespoon of regular pancake syrup on them...another naughty feeling, and it was just enough sweetness!

All in all, a 455 cal breakfast. Kinda high, but PLENTY filling and I don't think I'll be wanting any more food until lunch!

I encourage everyone to go and look at my food diary and see, and then go to AllRecipes to find the recipe for those pancakes. Tweak em to your liking, and tell me how you liked them :smile:

Replies

• talliekins
    talliekins Posts: 5
    If you can find it at the grocery store, Cary's Sugarfree Pancake Syrup is delicious! It's 30 calories for 1/4 of a cup, and it says right on the bottle that a 2 Tbsp. size serving is basically a calorie free food! That way since "Pancake Sunday" is going to become a regular thing, you won't feel guilty!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Sounds good - instead of syrup, I use a quarter cup of frozen berries for two pancakes, or waffles. It gives me a treat but still keeps it somewhat healthy. I use the Europes Four Fields Berries (I think that's the name) with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. They're a little bit tart, so I add 1/2 a packet of splenda and I just dump a bag of them in a container and keep it in the fridge until they thaw with the juice. 15 Calories, 4g carbs, and only 2g sugar. Yum!
  • Jennie85
    Jennie85 Posts: 41
    YAY for having the hubby home soon :D my husband came back from a 14 months deployment May 2009 and now we r prepearing for Deployment #2 we have sunday breakfast traditions as well with scrambled eggs backon french toast and all the good stuff hihi i love it and i dont have any guilt feelings about our REALLY heavy and ''unhealthy'' breakfast since its not an every day thing
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    I like the idea of the sugarfree syrup! Thanks!

I would use fruit, but I like that sugary syrupy taste :smile:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Yes! I had this at IHOP with their 400 cal meal :D the syrup was really good, I was impressed...

If you can find it at the grocery store, Cary's Sugarfree Pancake Syrup is delicious! It's 30 calories for 1/4 of a cup, and it says right on the bottle that a 2 Tbsp. size serving is basically a calorie free food! That way since "Pancake Sunday" is going to become a regular thing, you won't feel guilty!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Honestly, the best sugar-free syrup I've tried is from Cracker Barrel. You have to buy it from their restaurant/store but it's awesome!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    I am on a complex carb and no sugar diet plan and I set out to find a pancake recipe that fit into my nutrition requirements. I found the yummiest Whole Grain Pancakes on Green Lite Bites. That sight has a lot of great recipes. For the pancakes go to http://greenlitebites.com/2007/11/13/100-whole-grain-pancakes/ They are delicious. They make 12 smallish pancakes for 60 calories, 1 gram of fat and 1 gram of fiber or if you are counting points they are 1 point each.:flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Honestly, the best sugar-free syrup I've tried is from Cracker Barrel. You have to buy it from their restaurant/store but it's awesome!

I SOOO AGREE!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    I'm a breakfast person & a big fan of multigrain waffles w/ peanut butter & sugar free syrup. I had this yesterday for breakfast & yes, you definitely get that "naughty" feeling. For 1 1/2 waffles it was 404 cal ~ 40 carb ~ 16 fat ~ 8 sug ~ 16 prot.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member

YES! This stuff is awesome. The problem is... we're out & that means we would have to go to Cracker Barrel to get some. :ohwell:
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    My very favorite pancake, for which I made up the recipe, is flour free. It's made from an egg, one ripe mashed banana, some ground flax seed, and sweet spices that you like or honey. :wink: Each time I make this, I experiment with new combinations, because I love healthy cooking so much! This is so yummmmmmy!
This discussion has been closed.