How many squats to get thin thighs?

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    @crankster..you have thin thighs,
    what exercises do you do?

i put it in my post, but i would recommend compound moves for your whole body...not complicated and very effective!!

here is more detail:flowerforyou:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    @crankster..you have thin thighs,
    what exercises do you do?

She calls them Tim Crushers.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality
  • Crankstr
    Options
    Let this be a lesson...forums are for *kitten* that like making people feel stupid...not for help.

Also for the self-righteous who have no sense of humor.

You are a Lawful Good character.

Chaotic neutral here
  • fitnessprincess16
    Options
  • Dinerarose
    Dinerarose Posts: 21
    Options
    Squats helps build your thigh muscles, so doing too many can actually make them bigger. You need to do cardio as well that is what will make them thinner, spinning, running or other thigh cardio exercises helps, I have been doing spinning for a month now and my thighs are shrinking very quickly. Start with 100-150 Reps of squats a day for say a few weeks then increase by 50-100, when I was in high school and played basketball the coach had us do 100 reps of squats everyday for 2-3 weeks then after that increased it by 50 or so and so on, I remember that helped build up my muscles and which helped to slim my thighs combined with the basketball training(cardio) that I also did. So why don't you try 100-150 per day and see how that works out, then increase if no change, it would be good to throw some lunges in with the squats as well.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Let this be a lesson...forums are for *kitten* that like making people feel stupid...not for help.

This poster isn't getting much help because of her past forum history, not because of this thread specifically.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.
    You can have whats called regional muscle mass increases when in a deficit. Basically the lack of protein from being in a deficit to supply our whole muscle mass is directed to muscle that is being stressed and taken from another part that isn't. If someone concentrated on heavy squats in a deficit they very well could increase mass in that region while losing mass in another.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

:( that's not true! I believe that crankstr gave very good advice! With a link even!!! Sheesh!
  • Crankstr
    Options
    Your question: "Can someone give me A NUMBER that is good for the legs and that will make them thinner. THATS ALL IM ASKING"

Answer: No. We can't. You can do a gazillion squats every single day and it may never make your legs thinner, because squats don't make your legs thinner, they build muscle, which makes nothing thinner. Models who have super skinny legs that don't touch probably don't have a lot of muscle tone there either (although obviously, it depends on the model, but most that I've seen don't).

I believe that was said earlier, and whining that people aren't answering your question isn't going to magically make there be a different answer. People aren't giving you a number because there is no number that you can do that will achieve the results that you profess to desire.

Squats do NOT build muscle in a calorie deficit.

I squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, and pullup to retain my lean body mass while i lose fat on a deficit, that way I look better naked as I lose weight.

I repeat...you will NOT grow muscle in a deficit, you WILL look better
  • whierd
    Options

Also for the self-righteous who have no sense of humor.

You are a Lawful Good character.

Chaotic neutral here

I am feeling a little Chaotic Evil tonight. Care to roll some dice and see what dungeons we can explore?
  • Crankstr
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.
    You can have whats called regional muscle mass increases when in a deficit. Basically the lack of protein from being in a deficit to supply our whole muscle mass is directed to muscle that is being stressed and taken from another part that isn't. If someone concentrated on heavy squats in a deficit they very well could increase mass in that region while losing mass in another.

OK but for a woman on a deficit, how likely is this?

and even if i DID happen to increase muscle in an area slightly, it would hardly be noticeable on a deficit...it is HARD for women to even gain one to two pounds of muscle a month on a SURPLUS.
  • bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    Riding a bike helps tone up legs.
  • Crankstr
    Options
    Squats helps build your thigh muscles, so doing too many can actually make them bigger. You need to do cardio as well that is what will make them thinner, spinning, running or other thigh cardio exercises helps, I have been doing spinning for a month now and my thighs are shrinking very quickly. Start with 100-150 Reps of squats a day for say a few weeks then increase by 50-100, when I was in high school and played basketball the coach had us do 100 reps of squats everyday for 2-3 weeks then after that increased it by 50 or so and so on, I remember that helped build up my muscles and which helped to slim my thighs combined with the basketball training(cardio) that I also did. So why don't you try 100-150 per day and see how that works out, then increase if no change, it would be good to throw some lunges in with the squats as well.

not necessary

why do a million when you can do less with heavier weights and achieve the same result?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality
  • Crankstr
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    lol
  • whierd
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Look up to the skies and see
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    6-6.gif

I hear if you get a bike with 2 seats, and your the end man..you will have the thinnest thighs
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You might want to look around on pinterest, they have lots of leg work outs that will help. I've followed a few and I also work out at a gym and have notice a big difference in my legs the past 2 to 3 months.

One that I saved was this:
    20 squats
    30 lunges
    40 toe touches
    50 second wall sit
    100 jumping jacks.

Do from top to bottom. I had serious jello legs every morning after doing all this.