For 2 months...

Options
Rhunt24
Rhunt24 Posts: 42 Member
I started MFP in January and lost 14lbs of the 35 I want to lose rather easily. I have not lost a single pound since March 17th. I also have not gained a single pound since then. I am at about 1600 cals per day and eat back my exercise cals. Should I increase or decrease my calories? Is 1600 considered my "maintanence" count? As for my workouts, I did the Jillian Michaels 30Ds every day in January (saw HUGE improvements). Lifted a bit at the start of Feb and then started a 12 week half marathon training plan (did not see nearly as impressive improvements as far as the scale goes)

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all the exercise calories back. As these can easily be over estimates no matter how you work them out. Hrm or other method they are still an estimate. If you are I would suggest maybe only eating half back for a few weeks and see if that has sent effect
  • Rhunt24
    Rhunt24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    good idea about only eating half back! I will add that to my new bag of tricks and see if it helps!
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree with the calorie estimates Rhunt - and you're doing fantastic sticking with your goals :). After I went to maintenance and put on a few lbs, I decided to stop linking MFP with my FitBit and logging my exercise regularly. Now I'm just trying to stay under goal and I'm only logging up to half of my exercise cals if needed. It's only been a few weeks, but I'll let you know how it goes!