So Marilyn Monroe, huh?

Options
I've been hearing a lot lately about how she's a role model for plus sized girls because she allegedly was a size 14. The info I found would suggest otherwise... (next to a picture of me for reference)

Untitled-1_zpsd4d19b2a.png

I'm putting this here because Marilyn was actually a fairly small woman, and she really shouldn't be treated as some plus-sized goddess. Just a thought.

Also, side note, Dita von Teese is 32-22-33, not much smaller than Ms. Monroe was, and yet she's seen as incredibly petite. Again, just a thought :)

Replies

• YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard her called plus size, but I know she wasn't todays thin. She was healthy and a normal size. I just hope I can get back down to around that size. Lol. You look great btw
  • PrimalSiren
    PrimalSiren Posts: 144
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot lately about how she's a role model for plus sized girls because she allegedly was a size 14. The info I found would suggest otherwise... (next to a picture of me for reference)

Untitled-1_zpsd4d19b2a.png

I'm putting this here because Marilyn was actually a fairly small woman, and she really shouldn't be treated as some plus-sized goddess. Just a thought.

Also, side note, Dita von Teese is 32-22-33, not much smaller than Ms. Monroe was, and yet she's seen as incredibly petite. Again, just a thought :)

I love Marilyn Monroe. This makes me /squeal like a little girl because I have nearly her same measurements, however I'm only 5'3. I think she's uber sexy <3
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yolie: Haha, thank you :) It must just be my facebook friends, then, but I've been hearing/seeing it a LOT. Apparently at her heaviest, she was 140... Not exactly today's thin, but not very large, either. Also, I'm rooting for you! :D

Primal: Awesome! :D You rock!