Not measuring up

Options
I measured myself today for the first time in years, it was a depressing site. Know I know I really need to get rid of this extra weight. I keep thinking hopefully this is the last time I see those numbers, next time they will be lower. Fingers crossed. So I will keep up with the running and the zumba and the walking. Really need to do this!!!

Replies

• Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're active. How is your eating?
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I measured myself today for the first time in years, it was a depressing site. Know I know I really need to get rid of this extra weight. I keep thinking hopefully this is the last time I see those numbers, next time they will be lower. Fingers crossed. So I will keep up with the running and the zumba and the walking. Really need to do this!!!

Know what you mean! Measured myself again today and at last have had a bit of a 'whoosh' of inches off after not seeming to lose much, has been nearly 3 months, 18lbs off and now 4 inches off both my waist and hips so can finally see a difference. Steady and sure.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Spook

I think my eating is going ok, recently found out I'm diabetic and have to watch the sugar and carbs, so trying to keep to low carb, low sugar, low salt. I have cut out potatoes, pasta and only each brown rice probably twice a month. Have changed my bread and now eat multigrain or burgen, only at the most two slices a day. No bicuist, cake, crisps or chocolate, no ready meals, only homemade food. Two portions of fish a week, mostly chicken only eat red meat twice a month at most.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow georgina that's great, I hope I get the same moment soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed. You sound like you are doing really well. I just need to stick to what I'm doing and keep going I think. Thanks
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Yes, no worries, with the running/walking and Zumba, the inches will come off, sometimes even when your weight doesn't seem to be changing! I took my measurements a couple of weeks after I started and then two weeks after that because I was only loosing a few ounces each week, but in two weeks my measurements had changed by 1/2 to a whole inch! So I updated my measurements and don't plan to measure again unless I start to have a little less progress on the scale, then I'll take the measurements again just to give me incentive :wink:

Wish you great luck in your journey :flowerforyou: