Motivating quotes

Options
What are some of the quotes that help to pull you through? The only thing that's keeping me from diving spoon first into a tub of ice cream tonight is my favorite motivational quote.

Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Replies

• mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My favorite: "Don't stop trying just because you've hit a wall. Progress is progress no matter how small."

Quotes like this have definitely helped keep me going!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    "I may not be the fastest, I may not be the strongest, But I’ll be damned if I’m not trying my hardest!"

Or you could change fastest and strongest for "best looking" and "healthiest " or something...

I like this quote for some reason. I think it's because I like the philosophy what you can see in a first part of it. That if you will set goals then don't set average ones. Average goals comes with average results. "Yes, I wanna lose few pounds and look good.", what does it mean? What if you would say: "I want my body to look like that guy/girl on that fitness magazine" That makes you work harder and therefore get faster, and better results, and it feels better as well when you are done.
    About second part of quote, it reminds me of being weak minded person and that's the person what I don't wanna be... not anymore. So what ya gonna do, you just keep pushing until you are done, otherwise I will end up being in mind set I despise, again, and I don't want that. ^^
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have this one in my office and I reflect on it daily and definitely at times when weight loss seems a little slow: "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out"
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    April 24, 2013 07:57
    "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress. You're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying."

"Falling down a step or two doesn't mean you go all the way back to bottom to start again."
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    The only person stopping you is yourself, so move out of the way
  • RudHart64
    RudHart64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can't means you wont try.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I EAT ANYTHING I WANT ANYTHING...IF I DESIRE IT..CAUSE I LOVE ME...I HAVE AN AMAZING RELATIONSHIP WITH ME...
    AND FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD...
    My daily Mantra
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I CAN