Vitamins!?!?

Options
CinthiaF
CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
Is it good to take vitamins to loss weight? What Vitamins go you take? Is it a good idea to start some or should i ask my doctor first about it? Because well i am usually really tired and ache through out the day and was wondering what i needed to do to not be so tired and ache. Any advice i would really appreciate it

:happy: :wink:

Replies

• geoffsroote
    geoffsroote Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I take a good multi-vitamin, called Super Vita-Vim and I've really noticed the difference it makes in my overall energy levels. In terms of not aching I would say that no multi-vitamin is going to fix that, you're going to be sore.

It's worth the money to get a good vitamin, sometimes you can get multiple. Your doctor can do a blood test to see what you might lack, iron is one thing we tend not to have enough of causing us to be tired a lot.

I wouldn't suggest going overboard, but there isn't anything wrong with taking them.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You should def take a multivit... and not all are created equally. So read the label and see what is in it to be sure you are getting everything in it. I find that Centrum is actually pretty good...

I would talk with your doctor before adding other vitamins...
    The might want to test you for Vitamin D level, calcium, Iron, B...etc.

Vitamin D is a great one to add for weight loss, B complex, Calcium (assuming your CA levels are ok to do so) Omega-3/Fish oil. You will want to take Calcium and D at the same time and never take Calcium at the same time as your Multivit as it can interfere with one another...

Hope that helps!!!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    And to add to the Iron issue... I forgot to write in my post. Never take Iron without being tested first. If you add extra Iron with a supplement, it can cause more harm to your body than help you! So be sure to get checked out or discuss with your doctor first...
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    LOL I take a bunch. The best for losing weight are Calcium with D added plus an extra Vitamin D (1000 IU pill). In addition, I take a multivitamin, Vitamin C, and Glucosamine (for my joints).
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for help me out i am going to go look at some tomorrow and i will look into reading the labels Thank you all :happy: