* Right Arm = 11'' --- 11''
* Left Arm = 11'' --- 11''
* Waist = 37'' ---35''
* Hips = 40.75'' --- 39''
* Right Thigh = 25.25'' --- 24''
* Left Thigh = 25.25'' --- 24''

Weight Loss = 16.2 pounds

Inches = 6.25''

My inches aren't that astounding I don't think and I definitely have more to lose and mainly on my dang stomach! But i'm proud of what I've done so far. Here is my before and after picture so far. I can see some difference but not tons. Sorry the before picture is so bad resolution and what not.

Transformation-1.jpg

I am now starting Insanity to lose these last 10-15 pounds. I'm actually not completely sure that if I'm toned and in shape that I will lose that much, but it's more about the inches. I really need to lose inches on my stomach. So here is my 1st day of Insanity pictures and I will keep my blog updated either every couple weeks or once a month.

BeforeInsanity-1.jpg

I think i am going to try to only weigh myself and measure every 2 weeks and not weekly anymore. I don't want to get discouraged especially with Insanity. I really hope I can stick with it and "dig deep" :) Any pointers for it would be appreciated. I also may end up adding some strength training in if I feel my body can take it.

I must be Insane to start this haha

Replies

• kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Good luck with Insanity!!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!! Way to go for getting this far!! That's a major accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. What did you do to lose the initial 15lbs?

Insanity is great...hard, but great. It's definitely not a beginner program, which I'm sure you are well aware of. Just be sure to listen to your body and know when you need to modify or take your rest. The fit test is a bear on it's own, but I think you'll enjoy the challenge of the workouts.

My advice, don't weigh/measure yourself for at least 30 days. I think you'll be way more pleased with the amount of change in a 30 day period vs 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have questions on Insanity, as I've done a full round and continue to sprinkle it in my P90X workouts.

DIG DEEPER! :drinker:
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    Way to go!! I can tell a HUGE difference in the before and after pics!!

I just started Insanity about a week and a half ago and I absolutely LOVE IT! In just the week and a half I have lost an inch on my waist and hips! and a 1/2 inch on my arms. Push through the videos! one mental thing that helps me to get thru the videos and not quit is i think "ok, I can rest all day after this just push your self" and sometimes I'll look at my "trouble" areas and that is motivation in itself! LOL

GOOD LUCK!! You are going to love it! Keep me posted on how you're doing with it! And don't skip a day even if you're tired or sore ;) I didn't do it yet today and now I have to do it when I get home from work which is 11:30pm lol but it'll be worth it!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Another great motivator to keep pushing through, is have a mirror in the area you do your workouts, so you can A) watch your form and B) watch your figure as you jump around. That encourages me each day, as I hate watching the jiggles and shakes when I'm jumping around.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I definitely see the difference as well! I haven't done Insanity yet, but my friends that are doing it love it. Lots of aches and tired muscles, but they're getting great results. Keep hydrated, and put the best foods you can into your body as fuel. Make sure to get lots of sleep, and stay positive! Push through it, and I know you're going to be happy with your results at the end of the program =D
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    Another great motivator to keep pushing through, is have a mirror in the area you do your workouts, so you can A) watch your form and B) watch your figure as you jump around. That encourages me each day, as I hate watching the jiggles and shakes when I'm jumping around.

hahaha I love that mirror idea. Just the feeling of jiggles and shakes it motivating but i imagine seeing it would be even more motivating!!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank You :) To lose the 1st 15 pounds I did 30 day shred, running, HIIT, strength training videos....really just changed things up alot. I did up my calories these last 1 1/2 weeks and that helped me get past 150 pounds, along with HIIT.

I did the Fit test today and wow it was insane. I really think I have the drive to do Insanity and well I really hope I do. I really want this. I want to feel great about myself.

I may try to stay off the scale and away from them measuring tape for 30 days. I really would like to see bigger numbers at once instead of small numbers.

Thanks for the advice :)
    Wow girl!! Way to go for getting this far!! That's a major accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. What did you do to lose the initial 15lbs?

Insanity is great...hard, but great. It's definitely not a beginner program, which I'm sure you are well aware of. Just be sure to listen to your body and know when you need to modify or take your rest. The fit test is a bear on it's own, but I think you'll enjoy the challenge of the workouts.

My advice, don't weigh/measure yourself for at least 30 days. I think you'll be way more pleased with the amount of change in a 30 day period vs 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have questions on Insanity, as I've done a full round and continue to sprinkle it in my P90X workouts.

DIG DEEPER! :drinker:
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and compliments :)
  • prices
    prices Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! My husband is a beach body coach. He has done insanity. If you need to buy the product or any other products let me know. He loved insanity. I am doing Chalean extreme...just getting started.
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    You look Awesome! Keep up the good work :)
    What is the insanity if i may ask ?
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    u look soooo great!
    good luck with insanity.... it looks pretty insane! & update us lol
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You have made such amazing progress! You are doing soo wonderful, I have noo doubts in my mind that you will made your goal and look even more amazing!

Proud of you!
  • jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep pushing play! I am on day 31 of Power 90, and I have seen little changes in increased fitness everyday! Beachbody makes a great product!
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    well done on loss so far :)
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good job! You are really doing such a good job. I just wanna tell you thanks for having the drive you do cuz it is motivating me to work even harder for what I want to cuz I think " if she can have the ambition she does, why can't I be like that too?" So thanks for staying focused!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    You look great and I wish you well with insanity!!!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • aej07
    aej07 Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW! you look so great! I'm starting just heavier than you- about 168 and my goal is 140-145. keep up the good work and know that at the end it will all be worth it. You will feel more confident and lead a much healthier lifestyle! Good luck! :wink:
  • ataranto72
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Wow congrats on the progress so far! I can definitely see a change, you look great! Good luck with Insanity!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!