HRM Suggestions

Options
exermom
exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
My HRM just gave up the ghost. I'll be looking for a new one shortly. In the meantime, I thought I would ask everyone here for suggestions

My requirements are: It must have a stopwatch feature, must have a backlight, need to have it be able to tell me how many calories I've burned, I also want it so that I can change the battery -- I don't have to return it to the manufacturer.

Oh, I'm a female so it needs to be smaller.

I prefer the one with the chest strap.

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Just bought (today) the Polar FT7. I believe it meets all of your criteria.
  • exermom
    Options
    Just bought (today) the Polar FT7. I believe it meets all of your criteria.

I have been reading up about this HRM, and, yes, it does meet my criteria (funny how your criteria change)

Anyway, can I ask you a few questions?

The online manual refers to a sealing ring that you are to change whenever you change the battery. Is this ring just to insure the waterproof-ness? Honestly, I probably won't wear it in the pool, so will I need to change this ring also?

Can the stopwatch and the heartrate be displayed simultaneously?

It appears from the picture in the manual, that in order to change the battery you have to use, probably a coin, to open the battery case. Is this for both the strap AND the watch?
  • exermom
    Options
    Can the stopwatch and the heartrate be displayed simultaneously?

No one can seem to tell me if the stopwatch and HR can be displayed simultaneously. Not one person. I've even asked on the Polar forum, I had to directly ask a moderator, who only then referred me to the manual. Don't they think I would have read the manual? The picture doesn't show the two, but I don't know if that can be overwritten or not. And if not, do they have another model which would meet my criteria.

Honestly, at this point, I'm getting a little disappointed in the Polar consumer help. I couldn't find a phone number to call with any questions. If this is how they treat potential customers, what will happen when (and at this point if) I become a customer? Will I just be left on my own with any questions/problems?
  • awalker0717
    awalker0717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4. I like it. In order to see the time, you have to hold the watch close the the strap. Otherwise you just see the HR. Hope that helps.