NSV - Change in mindset!

Options
Yesterday I went out to Mexican food, had margaritas, tacos, enchildadas, chips and salsa, etc. When I logged it this morning I knew I was going to be over and I was by quite a bit. Normally I would have probably gotten upset and then let myself slide down into the mindset of eating crap because I had already been bad. This morning though I realized that although this journey is one day at a time, one day does not define me. I will have days that go over and that is okay, this is real life and sometimes there are events that you need to enjoy. I logged everything, held myself accountable for everything and because of that I feel great about it. I didn't try to hide it, didn't try to make it look better in my journal in order to make me feel better about it. Today is a new day. I will still run my four miles and do my work out, not because I feel bad about yesterday but because I feel great about my progress and know this is only the beginning!

Replies

• DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What a great success!!! Thank you for sharing - this is an inspiration and a reality check to all of us that have days where we slip up and/or struggle. This IS a lifelong journey so we should not punish ourselves for enjoying one day.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift...that's why it's called the present! Focus on our gift of today!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went out to Mexican food, had margaritas, tacos, enchildadas, chips and salsa, etc. When I logged it this morning I knew I was going to be over and I was by quite a bit. Normally I would have probably gotten upset and then let myself slide down into the mindset of eating crap because I had already been bad. This morning though I realized that although this journey is one day at a time, one day does not define me. I will have days that go over and that is okay, this is real life and sometimes there are events that you need to enjoy. I logged everything, held myself accountable for everything and because of that I feel great about it. I didn't try to hide it, didn't try to make it look better in my journal in order to make me feel better about it. Today is a new day. I will still run my four miles and do my work out, not because I feel bad about yesterday but because I feel great about my progress and know this is only the beginning!

That is a very important attitude to have! Positivity is what carries the day!
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!! I totally struggle with the old mindset you're talking about. But one day at a time! This post was a big pick-me-up. So thanks for that.
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! This site has helped immensely in getting to a better mindset!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!! WAY TO GO:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!