Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High-calorie/high-nutrition foods?

I take medication that loses efficacy with big meals so I usually try to eat a light lunch, a large dinner, and a light snack. Though I drink high-calorie protein powder drinks, I'm struggling to hit my goal calorie intake of around 1,600 while still eating nutritional foods.

My current macronutrient goal is something like 40-45 protein, 30-35 carb, and the rest is fat. Do you have any suggestions for small high-calorie/high-nutrition snack ideas that fit within these loose macro goals, or large meal ideas that fit in these macros for dinnertime (recipes would be awesome)? Preferably food that I can easily take with me to work for dinner?

My ideal day would involve two protein powder drinks and a giant, fabulous dinner.

Would love any advice. Thanks!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Fattier red meats and certain types of fish are good sources of protein and fat.

Tacos can be made a variety of ways to suit different tastes/macro needs, and can be reheated fairly well.

Pasta with meat sauce is pretty calorie dense and easy to reheat.

Full fat dairy opens up lots of options (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc).

Almost anything with peanut butter (apples, bananas, peanut butter).

Nuts/seeds are an easy snack.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    For a giant, fabulous dinner, have a salad with a whole avocado, some sort of meat, whatever vegetables you like (I personally put cucumber and cherry tomatoes in my salad), and dress it with olive oil & red wine vinegar. I love salads because you can make them as high or low calorie as you like.