Have you tried this? Was it effective?

Options
Swehl
Swehl Posts: 138 Member
Hi friends :)

I am thinking about adding Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite into my routine. Have any of you tried it? Did you find it effective? My husband is a big lifter, and he said he and a lot of his buddies use fat burners to stay defined. However, I just want something to give me an extra edge in losing weight. I'm down 15.5 pounds, and I still have another 10 to make my first GW ... and then another 10-15lbs to make my UGW. I would obviously be using Hydroxycut with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.

What's your opinion?

Replies

• MsGoblin
    MsGoblin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm of the mindset that there is no magic pill. Additionally, the supplements are not regulated by the FDA, so what's printed on the box may not be exactly what's in the pill. Plus, they're expensive.

I am a firm believer in the old-fashioned way - smart food choices and consistent exercise that includes strength training.

Best of luck!
  • Swehl
    Options
    Thank you for replying :) I agree about doing things the old fashioned way. I suppose I'm getting impatient with summer coming up, and I'm hoping it will give my body a jump start lol. Thanks again!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes last year, my doctor told me I had to lose weight. I also went the old-fashioned route and took my time.

In your circumstance, I would say use it for immediate work, but then ween your way off it and go with the good eating choices and exercise.

Just my two cents worth on this one. :wink:
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The main way any of these things work is caffeine. I say NO! Try adding something new to your ruetine ie weights or kickboxing. Shake it up a litle and you will go forward without adding chemicals that shouldnt be maintained. Good luck
  • Swehl
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've used Hydroxycut when diet exercise weren't getting me the results I wanted. It's not horribly effective. It will curb your appetite for a week or so, then it doesn't seem to do much beyond provide a mild energy boost (from the caffeine).
  • Swehl
    Options
    Okay -- Thank you for letting me know what you experienced :) I appreciate it!