Help me!

Options
I have lost so much motivation since moving back to Michigan. I am so tired after working all day and I don't have anyone to push me to go to the gym. I feel like the friends I have on here, for the most part, have stopped supporting me. I need more support and motivation. Tips?

Replies

• Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know how rough it is. I work on my feet all day and I come home to make supper for the family. Then it's like "Man now I have to exercise." The warmer weather and sunshine has me grabbing the neighbor or hubby to walk with me. Are you able to find a neighbor who wants to walk with you? Or a coworker on your lunch?

I want to try Zumba but haven't fit it into my schedule yet, but with all the sunshine I've been enjoying the brisk walking. Maybe try a few classes nearby of something fun? You could also meet people through that who enjoy exercise and maybe meet outside of the class.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym right after work without going home. In my experience, that's the only way. Take a big snack to eat about 1 hour before you finish work (if you can) and then just go. Don't go home until it's done.
  • smile102
    smile102 Posts: 3
    Options
    Remember the little things count, like parking further away from the store, using the stairs. I'm from Michigan it is a beautiful state enjoy the weather now get out and walk smell the fresh air enjoy the animals. I know it is hard after working all day, try not to think about how tried you are but about enjoying a nice walk in that beautiful state.
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I know how rough it is. I work on my feet all day and I come home to make supper for the family. Then it's like "Man now I have to exercise." The warmer weather and sunshine has me grabbing the neighbor or hubby to walk with me. Are you able to find a neighbor who wants to walk with you? Or a coworker on your lunch?

I want to try Zumba but haven't fit it into my schedule yet, but with all the sunshine I've been enjoying the brisk walking. Maybe try a few classes nearby of something fun? You could also meet people through that who enjoy exercise and maybe meet outside of the class.

I LOVE Zumba. I haven't gotten a chance to go to a class yet since moving back. It is right down the strip from my gym though.