Sack lunch without the sandwhich?

Options
I'm a farmer's wife who preps and packs all the field lunches. We have been planting for 2 weeks now and I am getting really tired of the go to meal of Sandwhich, carrots, apple, chips, granola bar. Does anyone have any amazing sack lunch ideas for someone who can't heat up lunch?

Replies

• bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    How about pasta salad with meat or fish added.

Kabobs made with cold cheese tortellini, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, green olives, etc...make the kabobs and then marinate them in Greek salad dressing.

Veggie Pizza

2 (8 oz.) cans of crescent dinner rolls
    2 (8 oz.) pkgs. soft cream cheese
    1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
    3/4 c. sour cream
    Raw vegetables - example: broccoli, carrots, green pepper, green onions, fresh mushrooms, etc.
    Grated cheese (cheddar)

Spread roll dough and pack into 2 pizza pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool.
    Cream together cream cheese, Ranch mix and sour cream until smooth. Divide and spread on cooked dough. Sprinkle veggies on top and then sprinkle with grated cheese. Serve cold.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    Those all sound amazing! Especially the Veggie Pizza. I can't wait to try them. :)
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If coolers or refrigeration of lunches are an option, chicken salad or tuna salad in a container, served with crackers instead of bread, might be a fun twist.
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    my go to snack or lunch is peanut butter with apples...or celery or any fruite or veggie.
    Tuna or chicken salad with greek yogurt instead of mayo is sure to please as well.
    Baked eggs.
    They taste good cold or hot.

Just crack open an egg in a oven safe ramikin or cupcake tin. put whatever you want in it - meat, cheese, veggies and bake for 20 minutes depending on how hard you would like the yolk to become. I also add flax seeds. SUPER GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm a farmer's wife who preps and packs all the field lunches. We have been planting for 2 weeks now and I am getting really tired of the go to meal of Sandwhich, carrots, apple, chips, granola bar. Does anyone have any amazing sack lunch ideas for someone who can't heat up lunch?

pasties. seriously, epic win, especially if you're out busting the backend while planting.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You can also roll your regular sandwich meats and cheeses into lettuce leaves for a bread free lunch.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    [/quote]

pasties. seriously, epic win, especially if you're out busting the backend while planting.
    [/quote]

I love pasties (the food, not the nipple cover :D). I completely forgot about those!