Before and After with little weight change.

Options
4546538_4570_zpsd4ff6426.jpg
4546538_7615_zpsbaf50ed0.jpg

I wanted to share my before after pictures of a few months of using MFP. I am at 1650 calories a day for the last couple of months, and in total i've lost about approx 5 lbs.
however, I think from these photos it shows how little of significance the scale actually is! I have lost fat, and gained some muscle in the mean time. Some mornings I weigh myself and I weigh close to the same as the 'before' picture.

I haven't been perfect with my calorie counting either, I have taken weeks off or had cheat days.. but i've been consistent for the most part! I wanted people to see that if you are even 85% consistent with your calorie tracking it will pay off!!
:smile:

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!

I love photos like this. Shows how meaningless the scale can be.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! It never ceases to amaze me what a little body recomp can do for a body. You look amazing.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    this is very inspirational.... may I ask your height and daily activity level (moderate activity?)? My daily calorie goal is about the same as yours, and I am interested to compare what other ppl who have been successful here set their calorie goal to be.

I am going to the gym in few minutes :) Thx!

EDIT: I saw this info on your profile. I leave this message I wrote b/c I really wanted to tell you that this is inspirational!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • haileyro
    haileyro Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    this is very inspirational.... may I ask your height and daily activity level (moderate activity?)? My daily calorie goal is about the same as yours, and I am interested to compare what other ppl who have been successful here set their calorie goal to be.

I am going to the gym in few minutes :) Thx!

EDIT: I saw this info on your profile. I leave this message I wrote b/c I really wanted to tell you that this is inspirational!

I'm glad you found it inspiring! thats what I was hoping for. I am 5'7 and moderately active, I like doing a combination of cardio and strength training! I'm also doing jillian michaels 30 day shred right now instead of gym!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Very inspirational....
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love that you're not so focused on the scale. I still struggle with it even though I do know it's not the be-all-end-all of fitness. Here's my "the scale is a jerk" picture. I'll just post the link. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LQ2w1WuNe4k/UMDbOrRzQ_I/AAAAAAAABKo/2xg3qpVe8AY/s433/progress1.jpg
  • haileyro
    haileyro Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    amazing! definitely more toned in number 2, good job!
  • RockandRoseRebel
    RockandRoseRebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome difference!!