Motivation & accountability partner

Options
I'm so ready to be consisten with living a healthy lifestyle through good eating habits and exercise. Aside from the occasional treat that I cave in for, lol my eating habits are pretty good, but my exercise is LACKING!!! I love exercisem but it's so hard to get started once you've fallen off track. What I'm looking for is a buddy or group of people that want to help encourage and keep each other accountable for exercise! I don't really have anyone here with a similar schedule to workout with, so if I had anyone else that we could check in with each other, I would love to have and give that kind of support. Interested? : )

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Remember that it takes at leat 21 days to develop a habit ;) Anything that you do in particular for exercise? Anything you like doing? I work out everyday, i am doing Insanity and have a rest day Tuesday. I don't mind checking in with you if you need extra support or motivation for anything.

You can and will do it. You've made the first step because you decided you were going to commit to yourself, that's the biggest step :)

Jess
  • Fit4Lyfe0310
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Jess! Yeah, I love dance, aerobics, kick boxing, swimming and walking. I just finished a masters program, so my schedule has been so CRAMPED, and I struggled to fit a regular exercise schedule in, but now I have no excuse! I'm taking it day by day, and planning to change up my workouts so I look forward to it more : ) Thanks for the support!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I totally understand it being very difficult fitting in exercise while going to school, i just finished my first year of university and man it was tough. Having 4 kiddies on top of that, well lets put it this way, where do you find time to even breathe.

What I did was i made a calendar plan. It was tough when i had homework days but it can be done. You can do it. :)

I love kickboxing, and swimming and walking too. I love running as well however my back does not agree with that lol. I have also found a love in actual boxing. The key to also fitting in time to exercise is to find something that you love that you don't feel is exercise, it makes it so much easier in case you have a day where you can't go to the gym.

Jess
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've got a facebook group for exactly that purpose. I have been posting on MFP for 285 days straight and the group is coming together very well. I post workouts and daily motivationals along with challenges to keep you going. If you are interested just IM me and I'll let you know how to get in.
  • calspecialchic
    Options
    Hi, I have been on here about 10 days or so and love this website. I have been consistent in logging in every day. I started my current workout program(p90X) 21 days ago and only missed one workout cause I was sick. When I tried it before I was very inconsistent. Another thing I did that helped, is that I have a friend that works out about the same time I do. We text each other in the morning saying that we are up and about to work out. That has helped a lot! Neither of us has missed a day since (other than the sick day). So support is key. You can add me if you want. Good luck!