18-20's student motivation

New to FitnessPal, looking for any students out there to give a bit of encouragement to each other!

feel free to add!

Replies

• shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Hi,
    Its so hard to eat healthy on campus.Only because of peer pressure though. If you can't take lunch make sure you budget in the healthier items. I know at my school its expensive to eat healthy on campus unless you have a meal plan and can eat in the cafeteria (my school only lets student in dorms get a meal plan and commuter students , but the commuter only get $100 credits towards the cafe). I've budgeted that for 1 semester for just lunch I will need approx $350 for if I forget to bring lunch. I talked about my healthy lifestyle goals and found people who had similar. Join organizations that focus on clean eating or healthy eating in general...

Another big thing that I experienced. My peers telling me that I can't eat healthy on my poor college kid budget. I found out that that was a lie. I spend $50- $100 per every 2 weeks feeding me and my fiance on a pretty well balanced vegetarian diet. Sometimes it goes up depending on recipe and if I buying supplements and protein that month.

I hope this helps. I'm always here if you need any help or support.