Time waits for no man ( stop watches don't count) ;-)

Options
Hi I'm new to this so I'll start off with I'm 38 trying to get in shape. I'm and engineer so I spend a majority of my time behind a computer screen. I realize the older I get the harder it will be and time waits for no man especially if he doesn't want to help himself. I may look like I'm in shape but I know some 50 year old men and women that can kick my but in a high intensity workout. One day at a time.... I'm looking for some friends and support. I'm all for a team effort. Thanks in advance...

Replies

• Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first step in changing your lifestyle. Feel free to add me. I am on here everyday and love to share my support!
  • sh0emann
    sh0emann Posts: 46
    Options
    Better late than never. Time to get in shape!
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to the MFP Family! Please feel free to add me! I'm relatively new myself (joined in March). Good to meet you!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    welcome, man! This is a great site with lots of support. I'm on here everyday, feel free to add
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Funny you say that about "looking" in shape. I have known people who looked fat or were big, but could run really fast or had good conditioning. And then i've known people who looked like they were in shape, but couldn't run or do anything cardio intensive. Looks can be deceiving.
  • amywishart98
    amywishart98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me I'm pretty new too and loving it so far!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Or woman! Great decision. That's the age was when I made the decision to get off the couch and get healthier. I just turned 45 and there's been no looking back. I delight in kicking the butts of the young folk!!