Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need some motivation here :(

lexicalabrese
lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Soooo, I have been doing 30 Day Shred for 3 days now and have been eating a fresher, healthier diet since Sunday. I don't know if this is just a fluke and has nothing to do with any of what I'm doing, but I am noticing that when I stepped on the scale this afternoon, I was 138 pounds!

Now, I know it's the afternoon. I know your weight can fluctuate by 2lbs every day, especially by the end of the day, yada yada...but this is so disappointing. The other day (in the morning) I was at 134lbs. This seems like SUUUCH a huge weight balloon to me...I dunno.

I am worrying about this weight gain...I only have a month to reach my goal of 130 pounds! I don't have time to screw around with my diet here!

Can someone check out my food diary for today and yesterday and tell me if there's something I may want to work on? Thanks :)

Oh and edited to add: I know I've only just recently changed things up and it takes a while for weight gain to show up, but I dunnooooo...I'm getting nervous :(

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    I don't see anything too horrible about your diary, other than maybe you could leave the ice cream alone. :laugh: I know. You're cutting that out. Seriously, if you just started the Shred 3 days ago, you're just retaining some fluid. Keep your sodium low, keep with the whole foods, and keep working out. Give your muscles a little time to repair and let that fluid go. Good luck! :happy:
  • lexicalabrese
    I don't see anything too horrible about your diary, other than maybe you could leave the ice cream alone. :laugh: I know. You're cutting that out. Seriously, if you just started the Shred 3 days ago, you're just retaining some fluid. Keep your sodium low, keep with the whole foods, and keep working out. Give your muscles a little time to repair and let that fluid go. Good luck! :happy:

Haha that was part of what I cut out...I was very much in love with my Skinny Cows, obviously :bigsmile:

So I should take a rest day then? I wanted to complete the 30 Day Shred in 30 days...what a bummer :sad:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    You weighed yourself too soon and at a different time. You are probably doing just fine. Don't beat yourself up.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    It's easy to stress and become frustrated and worry. Our bodies are constantly working very hard to keep up with our minds. Muscle tissue retains water, while and after working out. Also, it's extremely common for our bodies to retain water for any hundreds of reasons. Though it's difficult to pull out of a mood of dislike at the scale, it's really important to just accept what you see and process as though your body will take care of itself and that water weight you're holding will go away. Remember also though that negative energy is just as bad as eating an entire bag of chips. You've made such wonderful progress, don't fret about the scale, if you reach your goal in 30 days great! If not, great! These life style changes that we're making are essentially for the rest of our lives. Try to take this in stride and smile through it, start by feeling really good about how well you did today! You deserve this and so does your body :flowerforyou:
  • lexicalabrese
    You weighed yourself too soon and at a different time. You are probably doing just fine. Don't beat yourself up.

See, I weigh myself twice a day...once in the morning and once at night, so I have a general idea of what I weigh in the afternoon/at the end of the day, ya know? I haven't been at 138 at the end of the day for a week or so :(

I am praying it's just muscle :indifferent:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member

Haha that was part of what I cut out...I was very much in love with my Skinny Cows, obviously :bigsmile:

So I should take a rest day then? I wanted to complete the 30 Day Shred in 30 days...what a bummer :sad:

Yeah, I'm the wrong person to ask, because I'm horrible about not resting! :laugh: What instructions does JM give with the program? I've never done it, so I really have no clue.

Oh, and before I forget... Push more water!
  • Elizabeth_King21
    Elizabeth_King21 Posts: 20 Member
    How long after you ate did you weigh yourself? That can make a huge difference. Just keep with it and you'll succeed. Take care and best wishes.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    How sore are your muscles? I notice after I do a heavy work out I tend to weigh a little more... TOM? Just drink more water and weigh yourself again tomorrow you'll be fine!! :)
  • lexicalabrese
    How sore are your muscles? I notice after I do a heavy work out I tend to weigh a little more... TOM? Just drink more water and weigh yourself again tomorrow you'll be fine!! :)

They're an achy kind of sore, but not so bad I'm dying or anything. It might be that TOM...it's due in the next week or so and I am noticing I'm a bit more bloated around the middle than usual, which should not be the case since I've been below my sodium for the past few days or so.

Who knows. I'm just going to keep working it!

Thanks for the help, all :)
This discussion has been closed.