Down 155 pounds. BAM!!

Options
diliveslife
diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
I never uploaded my "before and afters" and to inspire others I decided that maybe I should. I like to think as my before as a small period in time where I got super fat and want to forget that was ever me. BUT it was... And it's important to remember so that I don't allow it to happen again. I have ALWAYS struggled with weight, but thought my battle was over in my teens/twenties. Well it wasn't. I got into a bad relationship and literally gained 150 pounds in a couple years. A lot of people think that when you are "that big" you can never get to a normal size- and that's just not true. You can. You can exercise at any size. It might be uncomfortable but you can. You can push yourself harder. You can make sacrifices for your health and cut out the crap. I still eat bad and I still eat sweets, now I just control them and workout to make up for splurges while trying to prepare for them as much as possible.

I lost the majority of my weight in a year. Then I stayed almost the same for a long time and dropped more. Then in the last 3 months or so I lost the last 10. It feels like another job to constantly be watching my weight and going to the gym, but for some of us that's what we have to do to keep it under control and realize our goals. At 13 years old I weighed 280 pounds and got to 165 in just 4 months before high school, so these extremes aren't new, but it's not something I ever want to go through again. It's embarrassing to admit and see myself so large, but the reality is that a lot of people can relate on some level to that loss of control and its important to know that you aren't alone and you can overcome it- but you have to commit to yourself and stay dedicated.

So here goes... hopefully this works

Before- August 2011

before3a.th.jpg

Feb 2013- about 175 pounds

feb2013.th.jpg

May 2013- 160 pounds

may2013withbro.th.jpg

Replies

• lightSpirit78
    Options
    Great job!!! It sounds like u learned a lot about yourself along the way and that should help u keep it off. :flowerforyou:
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    Impressive work! Way to go!
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Amazing....Well done!!!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great transformation!!!

You look awesome and have done a wonderful job!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    We all do the best we can with what we have. Don't be embarrassed about where you were. Be proud of where you are now. You rock!
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Rocking transformation!:flowerforyou:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    well done.
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing, well done x
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work and dedication have paid off :)
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    OMG! You're amazing!!! Congratulations on the fantastic results! :)
  • _Moose51_
    _Moose51_ Posts: 86
    Options
    That's terrific, Good for you! You look great!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job!! Congrats on th 155lb loss!!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!