Self sabotage!

Options
Hey all, I am really having a problem with motivation. I have been on MFP for about 1-2 months and have lost 5 lbs, which I lost in the first weeks. Lately, I have not seen the scale budge and I am finding myself getting discouraged and eating poorly as a result (which as you all know, doesnt help if you are trying to lose weight). What do you guys do when you are lacking motivation to push on even though you arent seeing any results and how do you stop self sabotaging.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and remind myself why I am doing this.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm feeling the exact same way for the last two days...it's taking me every ounce of willpower not to screw it up. Some part of me has hope that the scale will move again....
  • Elizabeth_King21
    Elizabeth_King21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The facts are, everyone platues. It's how your body and metabolism works. Experts suggest that every 2 weeks you add new exercises to your routine or increase the intensity of your current exercises. This should help you from platueing for too long, which'll help with the self sabatoge. I know how you feel about being discouraged and eating. I'm an emotional eater. I found that I had to limit or not allow completely my comfort foods. I hope some of this helps. The key is to not give up on yourself. Remind yourself everyday that you ARE worth it. Besides it's not the numbers on the scale that count its the inches on your body.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Cheer up and try to stay focused you're doing so well two months is a long time to be commuted. Here is a site that may help you get past this hump and maybe along your way.
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightloss/a/weightplateaus.htm