Over 40 trying to loose weight

Options
Hi all, my name is April and I am 44 trying to loose 60 pounds. I've been a huge My Fitness Pal for a while now. It's my app on my phone. I didn't know about the web site until just a few days ago when I saw it pop up on a recipe search I did.

I'm vegetarian, doing a 1200 calorie diet and need high protein because of muscle loss. My daily goal is 90 grams of protein a day. I am starting weight training but struggle with it since my muscles are weak and out of shape. I have the all clear from all my doctors to exercise again. I do have a heart condition that causes my heart to beat to fast. I'm on meds to slow it, so have to be careful with cardio and not tax is too much. I do have a heart monitor I use.

I've lost 20 pounds so far and am very excited about it. I have a very heart time with motivation. Getting to the gym is my enemy but once there I am amped up and ready to go.

Any motivational tips is greatly needed. Thanks and hi to all again.

Replies

• bomberchamp
    bomberchamp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I too had a hard time getting the ambition up to go to the gym. I then downloaded gym pact on my phone and committed to going 4 days a week. If I make it to all 4 days, I get paid, if not I have to pay. money seems to motivate people. I will not get rich off of it, I average about 1.75 a week, but it's better than paying every week just for not working out.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cassmera,

I applaud you for going to the gym when you don't feel like it and also the 20 lbs you've lost so far. Please keep it up. Once you get to your goal weight and are eating natural foods you will feel so good and good about yourself. It's a great feeling to show up at an event, looking and feeling great. People take notice too (well, females probably get noticed more than men), but I do know that one of the first things people tell me when they meet me is how great I look for my age. That's a great feeling. Feel free to ad me as a friend for motivation. I love to help and see people realize health goals!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I too had a hard time getting the ambition up to go to the gym. I then downloaded gym pact on my phone and committed to going 4 days a week. If I make it to all 4 days, I get paid, if not I have to pay. money seems to motivate people. I will not get rich off of it, I average about 1.75 a week, but it's better than paying every week just for not working out.

"Gym pact"? I may look into that.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything informative to say, but I wish you the best. Don't give up.