Metabolic Reset WIN- my BOOBS are BACK!

Options
greenmeena
greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
My boobs are back!!!

I accidentally went on a VLCD for 2 years (grieving a lost relationship, no appetite), and got all skinny. I didn't have much to lose in the boob dept, but went straight on to the Faerie T*ts Club...

Anyway, when I started eating normally my weight ballooned up so I went on to discover what a metabolic reset was, joined Eat More To Weigh Less and began lifting heavy... my body looks better than ever (though I weigh more- that's muscle for you, who cares??) AND today I discovered while going through my summer festival/ belly dance clothes that I went up a bra size!!! Yay! I didn't think it could happen, that once you lost the girls that was it. Amazing what eating enough calories will do.

Woot!!

Replies

• amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is a metabolic reset?
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well... if you go on over to Eat More to Weigh Less you'll get a more complete definition but basically... short story is:
    I ate too few calories for too long, and my metabolism was screwed up as a result. When I started to eat 3 meals a day like a normal person, my weight ballooned up and boy was that scary! So I did a lot of research and reading- mostly with EM2WL and IPOARM (in place of a road map) and learned that you really do need to eat well to function. Watched a great video by a PhD of nutrition/fitness and educated myself...

So a reset is when you figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate, what you need to just function- what calories the hospital would give you if you were a veggie) and TDEE (total daily energy expenditure); then you eat at your TDEE or slightly higher for 8 to 12 weeks. It can be frightening because you gain weight (mostly water, but yes, some fat) but if you are lifting weight it is the ideal time to rebuild any lean body mass that was lost when eating a scary low cal diet. Then, after that, you "diet" normally- meaning, you eat at 10 to 20% below TDEE (your "cut"). You do this for several weeks, every so often taking a break and eating at TDEE (aka maintenance). This is how body builders do what they do. It ensures that you aren't losing "weight", you are only losing FAT. That's all any of us want, in the end! Strong bodies with no rolls! So that's what's happening. I gained on my reset, 10 lbs. I expected to. I haven't lost any "weight" but I have lost 6 inches off my belly since my "cut", I look amazing in my dresses, I can't believe my sexy curves and wow- I have boobs!! Yes, I was "skinny" when I was sad and eating only tuna on lettuce and smoothies but now I eat so much good food and my body is responding so well.

This way takes longer. I'm in it for the long haul. I want to be healthy, to take this weight off slowly and PERMANENTLY. I couldn't keep the weight off eating so little, and I never want to eat like that again. I eat lots of grass fed meat, veggies and fruit, and hey! I can even have a little chocolate every day so I'm not deprived.

And... boobs. 'nuff said.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!