do i need to lose weight

Options
if soooooo how much?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This seems like a loaded question.

Have you ever previously been at a comfortable and healthy body composition/weight before? That's what I based my weight loss goals on. (I remember being very happy at 120 pounds.)
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    do you think you need to lose weight? are you happy how your clothes fit? If not then do something about it. Exercise, eat less!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    Just calculate your BMI on this site. If you are in the healthy range, don't sweat it. BMI can be skewed for the very muscular (ie body builders and athletes).
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Waist to height ratio is a simple measurement for assessment of lifestyle risk and overweight. Compared to just measuring waist circumference, waist to height ratio is equally fair for short and tall persons. This calculator is valid for children and adults.

http://www.health-calc.com/body-composition/waist-to-height-ratio
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Do you think you need to that's the only answer you should listen to
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    if soooooo how much?

Depends on your height, but I suppose you want to lose weight since you are on here, so I will say 10-20 pounds at the most?
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Do you really want someone on this forum to say "yes" you need to lose weight? Then suppose they say about 30 pounds? I wish I looked like your picture. Don't set yourself up with questions like that. Like another person said, do what you feel you need to do.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I just see a round head, a torso, with no arms and no lower body. You look like you are maybe 2 feet tall. From what I can see, it looks like you don't need to lose weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I just see a round head, a torso, with no arms and no lower body. You look like you are maybe 2 feet tall. From what I can see, it looks like you don't need to lose weight.

Lmao

OP, how are we supposed to know without pictures ?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just calculate your BMI on this site. If you are in the healthy range, don't sweat it. BMI can be skewed for the very muscular (ie body builders and athletes).

No. BMI is crap. If anything figure out our body fat%
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    bored?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. All of it.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The best answer I can provide is this:

1. More than likely, yes. My kids and I went to Wall Mart one day last week and they decided they would count fit people and over weight people. You ready for the totals after 1 hour in the store? 96 obese and 20 Fit. So, averages tell me you need to lose weight.

2. If you have to ask, you probably do.

3. I'd love to see your food diary, by looking at what you eat, I can answer the question 100%.

Hope your day is going great!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    But on the plus side, I got to see Crankstr's new avatar.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    yes, all of it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just looked at the OP's post history. Going to go ahead and say this may be an actual troll lol. We've been had!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    From your avi i would say you need to lose about 10 pounds and 3 ounces.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the OP's post history. Going to go ahead and say this may be an actual troll lol. We've been had!

Yeah, I looked and thought the same thing also.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Only if your doctor says so. We aren't doctors (yet).