Frozen pizza - trick to enjoy without overindulging

Options
I thought I would share my little trick about at home frozen pizza. When I want to indulge, I usually eat 1/4 of a thin crust pizza and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. However, I used to heat the whole pizza and then I had leftovers and would end up eating them the next morning/day, thus overindulging and then feel bad after...

I recently had the idea of cutting 1/4 off the frozen pizza, using a strong knife (it's easier if it's a thin crust pizza), and put the rest back in the freezer. Then I just bake that slice and I'm not tempted to eat more, nor do I have to worry about the whole pizza going bad (which leads to me eating it the next day)!

I'm quite proud of myself :)

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea! Will have to try that. I wonder if a strong pair of kitchen scissors would work even better than a knife...?
  • cherrytm
    cherrytm Posts: 13
    Options
    This is genius and I wonder why in my 24 years of life I haven't thought of this.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's what one of my friends does. She cuts the pizza into quarters and then only cooks one quarter. :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Really good idea, not that I often have frozen pizza, but worth knowing as I sometimes fancy it, but am put off by the large size of the decent ones.
  • cchapa0911
    cchapa0911 Posts: 14
    Options
    Clever! I'm definitely going to have to do this!
  • LittleMommaThatCould
    LittleMommaThatCould Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is so simple and so brilliant. I am going to start doing this!

Thank you for sharing!!!! :D
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I skip the knife part, but do something really similar with thin crust pizza. I put the whole frozen pizza in a large zip lock bag and then just snap it in half. It's not perfect, but since it is frozen, it is pretty easy to break.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i like this idea! thanks for sharing!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was buying to mini pizzas to avoid exactly this problem but your solution is awesome!! Those mini pizzas aren't great. :happy:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i just share it with my family. the frozen pizzas are shrinking, so is my portion.
    besides the cals aren't that bad for the kind i get.
  • DoubleDownForLess
    Options
    Thats a great idea! And can be applied to so many other foods cold or frozen when re-heated.. Thanks!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea!!