Binged Again Last Night...But I'm Done With It.

Options
*I posted this in another thread but realized it was the wrong on sorry*

Sometimes it takes one last binge to get the kick in the butt that you need.
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to MyFitnessPal but have been on this thing I call a "Diet" Since January 30th.
On that day I weighed in at 163.4 and decided enough was enough, and that I had to lose weight.
It went great for awhile, but since April I've been binging and it isn't going great...
Tonight, I have offically decided will be my last binge.
Lately I've been trying to treat myself, because this far in my weight loss I feel as though I deserve it...but then I realized something today.
When I treat myself, I binge, because I feel as though that one treat gives me permission to eat like crap.
So Today, I'm done giving myself treats. I am done.

Tomorrow Starts my Strict Diet. I know it's bad to be Strict but I was able to lose 30+ pounds by being strict and that's the only way I am going to lose the last of the weight I want to.
I don't know my current weight but I will weigh myself tomorrow and update it on here and then I will not, and I repeat will not weigh myself until Friday which is the day I leave for six flags.
I know I won't be able to be strict over six flags weekend but I will make the healthiest choices possible.
Then when I get back...My strict diet begins again.

Sorry about ranting...I just needed to get this out.
I would also like people to join me on my weight loss Journey, I guess I am officially starting again May 28th but I need people to talk to so I don't binge this week, because I know it's going to be hard.
So who's with me?

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes. I'd binge (name your trigger: stress, boredom, avoiding a challenging task, treating myself). Then I'd be disgusted with myself and vow to start the "strict diet" one last time, convinced that this time it would stick. And it would stick, for a while. Sometimes a few months, or a few weeks or a few days. It felt great and I felt virtuous for being so "good" and winning my war against fat. But it also made me crazy and food obsessed. All I could think about was the stuff I denied myself. It took me years of falling off the wagon and hauling myself back on to realize that "the strict" diet doesn't work, at least not for me (and I would venture to guess, not for most).
    I'm going to recommend a book called "Intuitive Eating". It lays out all the diet mentality thinking that leads to binging. This book is one of the most valuable tools I have because it explains all the "diet mentality" traps that I didn't even realize I'd fallen into. I can't help you stay on a super strict diet because I'm trying to do this through moderation. If you are interested in that, I'm with you.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have avoided some foods too. I try not to have sugar, flour, choclate chips and similar items that I can make baked goods around the house. If I do I will make it and probably at least be tempted to binge. I really like dough and I can put away a lot at one time. I like baked goods when they are cooked too. I have been known to down most of a cake or a batch of cookies over the course of a few days even when I was not so heavy. But I still let myself have some sweets if they fit into my calories. You could have protein bars or a smoothie or something if they would not trigger you to binge. I get sweets that are already portioned for me in the amount I planned to eat or that I can share with with my son and husband so I will not be able to eat too much. Just yesterday my husband got me a shake and I had 1/3 that fit into my program and gave the rest to my son and husband. My son is a healthy weight too and good about not overeating. He ate about 1/3 and then my husband had a third. They had a small piece of cake too, but I did not have any because I did not like it and it did not fit into my calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need to tackle the emotional issues behind the binging. It really tends to go pear shaped if you set yourself up to go on a strict regime after a binge. It does not work, I have been there, done that, got the proverbial t-shirt. Simply the thought that I might never have such and such again, can lead to a massive binge, with my mind saying 'Last time you are having this, might as well go all out and have it all'. So now, if I want something, even if it is not considered this so called epitome of 'clean', I have it. I still sometimes binge, but the key is to not give it too much power and get back on track the next day. It is this whole strict diet mentality that tends to set people onto the path of binge eating in the first place. There is a binge support group on mfp too, if you want to look for and join that. It has a challenge each month, you vs the binge, and there are a lot of people partaking in it.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
    What exactly do you consider a "binge"? According to your diary you're eating 200 calories a day.
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options
    I didn't update my diary after I binged on both days.
    I do eat more I just can't stand to put what I binged on in my diary.
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options
    You need to tackle the emotional issues behind the binging. It really tends to go pear shaped if you set yourself up to go on a strict regime after a binge. It does not work, I have been there, done that, got the proverbial t-shirt. Simply the thought that I might never have such and such again, can lead to a massive binge, with my mind saying 'Last time you are having this, might as well go all out and have it all'. So now, if I want something, even if it is not considered this so called epitome of 'clean', I have it. I still sometimes binge, but the key is to not give it too much power and get back on track the next day. It is this whole strict diet mentality that tends to set people onto the path of binge eating in the first place. There is a binge support group on mfp too, if you want to look for and join that. It has a challenge each month, you vs the binge, and there are a lot of people partaking in it.

I would like to join this binge support group, where is it on here? c= is there a forum for it?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I would like to join this binge support group, where is it on here? c= is there a forum for it?

Here.
    Just click join.
    And yes, there is a forum.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/726-binge-eating-support-group