This could be a silly question

need_to_lose
need_to_lose Posts: 88
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing crunches for the last week. This evening my stomach was hurting like hunger pangs. Is this the feeling of your abs working??? I told you that this could be a silly question.:laugh: :happy:

Replies

• KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Hmmm, I have never experienced "hunger pangs" as a result of muscle work...maybe you are hungry! LOL :) You should experience that same type of burn in your abs as you do other muscle groups...although everyone is different. Great question!
  • I should have said that I wasn't hungry it just that kind of pain. i don't know if I even should say it's pain. it just feels different.
  • AmiKayser
    AmiKayser Posts: 32 Member
    Never felt that way from working muscles per say... but I do remember feeling that way when I'm dehydrated, taken a vitamin on an empty stomach...something like that ??? Hope your feeling better :o)
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    When I work on my abs to the point that I have muscle tighness a day or two later, it usually just feels like bruising. Like normal muscle tightness from working out.

I don't think i could compare it to the feeling of an empty stomach though. You should be feeling a surface tightness of your stomach muscles or something of that nature.

A good way to tell if its your stomach muscles is to lie in bed and then use your abs to lift yourself up instead of your arms. You should be able to feel slight tenderness doing that.
  • Your abs do get sore from doing core work I am unsure if that is the pain your decribing but it is definately possible to feel your abs working!!
  • heyaa
    i understand what you mean!!...yes its from your workout! :) xxx
This discussion has been closed.