Help

jlclarke
jlclarke Posts: 107
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I cannot manage to lose the weight. I do exercise everyday usually more than 60 mins, but I cannot lose the weight I have tried biking, cardio, weights, and walking. Please someone help I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am eating right at or below my calories everyday I drink plenty of water and I still cannot seem to take the weight off. It is mainly in my stomach area and thighs that I really need help with. If anyone has any ideas please let me know what I can do.

Thanks,
Jlclarke :))

Replies

• lizs4286
    lizs4286 Posts: 3
    I would suggest having a dr check your thyroid. I have been told that imbalances can make it nearly impossible to lose weight.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    The suggestion to have the doctor check your thyroid is a good one.
    Having my children caused my thyroid to give out, back in 1982. They did blood tests, wrapped their fingers around my throat over my thyroid and asked me to swallow. The testing was painless. I have been taking thyroid meds since 1982.
    And it is a good idea to check for blood pressure, blood and sugar levels and other equally painless tests.
    Are you having your annual Pap smear, etc.? It is good to rule out all variables and, while embarrassing, worth it.
    What are your calorie settings on? Do they have you eating too many calories? I am on 1200 calories--I used to be a couch potato, but exercising for this program has gotten my out of the living room.
    What are your sodium levels? Too high, and the body retains fluids, which is bad for the circulatory system.
    Are you taking any meds that might interfere with weight loss--ask the doc during your visit.
    I hope all your tests are negative.

You could also measure yourself and see if you have lost inches--are your clothes looser? You may have gained muscle, which weighs 1.5 as much as the same size of fat.

Don't worry--after your doctor visit--be happy!
  • Both lizsa4268 and bjberry make good points. Also please consider if you calories are set too low. If you don't eat enough, you body thinks it is starving, and will hold on to every pound. I definitely agree a trip to the doctor is a good idea!
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Right now my calories are set at 1200. I am not sure if this is the correct amount since when I look on other websites they say I should be eating around 1800 calories. I am not sure which one is correct. Any help on this would be great. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.