NSV - My first Mud Run!

Options
StarChanger
StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
I'm not really "built" for running, having been overly-endowed since 8th grade, but I've completed my 2nd-ever 5K today....the first one was almost 20 years ago and on flat, dry, pavement.

Today, I managed to finish (without injury, I might add!) my first Dirty Girl mud run obstacle course!!!

Lessons I learned:

1) layering is good....I'm glad I did! 59 degrees gets VERY cold in muddy water....
2) duct taping your shoes on is even better (thankfully one of my teammates had prior experience!)
3) out-of-shape outdoor running is MUCH different at 43, than 23....
4) I have a LOT of stepping up to do to complete (even at a walk!) the Tough Mudder Seattle, in October....

What a fun experience! I'm so glad I did it...even if my knees are SCREAMING at me now!

:)

Replies

• MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Nice! Congrats!! I'd be scared about seriously hurting myself on those type of races. I hear a lot of gruesome stories. You've got more guts than me!!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Super! Keep it up!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    OOOO! I did a mud run today, too! Where was yours? And yes! It feels awesome to finish them and keeps me motivated keep training for the next one!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    OOOO! I did a mud run today, too! Where was yours? And yes! It feels awesome to finish them and keeps me motivated keep training for the next one!

Outside Seattle :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!