My diet profile.

Options
So I know this has been asked before, but I don't want to hijack someone else's thread. Also, I'm not exactly sure what to do without using my exact numbers.

So under my diet profile, it says my Net Calories Consumed/Day should be about 2,200 calories. Does this amount already factor in a deficit for me to lose two lbs a week, or is that just the amount I would need to maintain?

I entered that I want to workout 5 times a week for 60 minutes each time, and it says I should burn about 3,430 calories a week. Since I plan on sticking to this, I want to work out M-F, so that would be about 700 calories burned a workout session. So, if I eat the 2,200, and burn 700, then I will need to eat about 2,900 to stay within my range. If I add my exercise calories, will I still be on track to lose 2 lbs a week?

Again, sorry. I know this has been asked before, but I think it helps me understand with using my own numbers.

Thank you.

Replies

• ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    When you go to your goals, use the custom and select the 2 lbs a week so it will give you your calorie goal. That calorie goal is without exercise. Say then you exercise 500 calories, you can eat 500 more calories and still be on track to lose the 2lbs a week.
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also, when choosing your activity level (i.e. sedentary, lightly active, moderately active) make sure NOT to take into consideration your exercise. Your activity level is exclusive of exercise. Exercise is taken into consideration when you enter it into your exercise log.
  • BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I set my profile to sedentary, because I figure it's better to underestimate than overestimate. With that in mind, it says I should eat 2200 a day. So, like you said, this 2200 is the amount already figured in to lose 2 lbs a week, or no?